Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is a stock kraken AK-47 goodenuff for me to srew around with my biddies?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 22nd, 2008, 19:40   #1
Dirty harry350

Question Is a stock kraken AK-47 goodenuff for me to srew around with my biddies?

I have a stock kraken AK-47 and am wondering, im not going to use it in comption form but me and about 10 or 15 buddies mess around in my woods. Im just wondering if maintained properly "grease and all" will it hold up good for me to have fun with if u red any of my other threds u can see i might get cosmictic up grades. so pleaze if theres anything i should know about the gun tell me. rember im jsut playing around on my farm, nothen major.
Dirty harry350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 19:54   #2
Krusty

Since your in New York you should ask these guys questions www.wnyal.net since their in your state.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 19:55   #3
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
A Kraken is pretty much the cheapest of all game worthy guns. But it is game worthy. I have one myself as a loaner/backup/project gun and it's served me quite well. I've heard that it's over greased but I haven't had any troubles with that. One thing to remember about the Kraken is it fires pretty hot at 370ish fps, which is too hot for close combat. You should consider a minimum engagement distance of at least 15 feet, probably more like 20 to avoid hurting anyone unduely.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 19:56   #4
Tex

Dirty harry350: there are many thread here about the kraken that show it can be a great cheap starter that will do what you want just fine. but seeings how you live in the US it would not be much more money to buy something a bit better.

_/|

Last edited by Darklen; December 22nd, 2008 at 20:08.. Reason: Edited to keep thread on track
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 20:02   #5
Dirty harry350

Kuro_Neko ok thank you, so there is no major up grades to keep it from going to shit quick right? For most of the night ive been reading about the gun and ive heard eveything, up grade dont have to..... you have the gun so im listing to you. I was expecting to get flammed when i posted it just to let everyone know=P
Old December 22nd, 2008, 20:09   #6
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
No, there's no upgrades you really need at all. Stock Krakens will run for a long time with absolutely nothing done to them. There's alots of things that can be done to them, not only cosmetically but also inside the mechbox but none of them are necessary.

But I agree with Tex, I hadn't noticed that you were located in the States before. You should be able to get one of the top end manufacturer's guns for not much more then you'd pay for a Kraken. If I were you, that's the way I'd go.

Kuro_Neko
Old December 22nd, 2008, 20:19   #7
Dirty harry350

ok thank you Kuro_Neko thats exactly what i wanted to know. if any one else has any imput fell free to post once again thank you Kuro_Neko =)
Old December 23rd, 2008, 00:10   #8
L473ncy

I believe the CA sportline series is what you should be aiming for. It's basically their cheaper "newbie" line. It's a solid build from what I hear.

Also don't worry about being on a Canadian Airsoft forum, as long as we know you're American we can try to give you answers that are more "regional" to your situation (not being subject to Canadian laws).
Old December 23rd, 2008, 00:34   #9
Defcon_Carl
formerly carl05229

kraken is a great gun for beginners you guys in the US can prolly get it for less than $100, however it does shoot 370 fps out of the box. so just make sure you arent shooting within 15 feet of your buddies or else it can result in serious injuries.
Defcon_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 07:32   #10
ancorp
AK Guru

Nobody can predict when it will break. But for the most part, Krakens have been proven quite reliable out of the box. If you want to make it even more solid internally, metal bushings, proper shimming and grease will help.

I have a stock kraken gearbox that I never opened, and it must be at at least 20,000 rounds now, probably much more. Has used it in every CQB game I went to so far, and have dumped thousands of rounds at home. I can't believe it runs perfectly to this day, but I will be changing out some internals just in case.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 20:56   #11
Dirty harry350

thanks, ok i was going to make a new thred for this but i thought i waould ask you guys in sted, lees chance of gettibng flamed "lol" =) i want to put a folding stock on my kraken ak-47 ive done reshearch for about 3 hours and am very confused can some one help me, rember its a bone stock kraken and i want to put a folding stock on it. ty
Old December 23rd, 2008, 22:23   #12
Kuro_Neko

Since the battery in a Kraken is in the stock you'd have to rewire the gun to the front and rig a battery space in the front grips. Not the easiest job. You'd also need a body with the right mounts for the folding stock you're going to use.

Kuro_Neko
Old December 23rd, 2008, 22:54   #13
ancorp
AK Guru

You dont have to "rig" much. Just rewire the gearbox to the top and put a 8.4v stick battery under the top cover. You will need an underfolder body, underfolding stock, and stock hardware.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 23:09   #14
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Biddies?

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank