Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CF Gloves

:

Canadian

Old January 16th, 2008, 16:59   #1
Neuromancer

Send a message via MSN to Neuromancer
CF Gloves

Can anyone tell me what kind of Gloves this soldier here is wearing?

http://www.militaryimages.net/photop...an_Forces3.jpg

Issued? if not: What brand? Where to get?

Thanks
"He's doin' something different"

Neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:13   #2
xandrewx

they look like Hatch Operator Gloves- Short- inOD, i believe you can get them from daves tactical surplus in BC
xandrewx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:14   #3
Lakonian
kos

Watson shock block... I believe..
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 17:58   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
They are not issued, I think, but over seas allot of soldiers end up using custom gear load out/weapon accessories.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:28   #5
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
You're alound to do that?
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:32   #6
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
You're alound to do that?
You'd better be.

GI shit is made by the lowest bidder
Old January 16th, 2008, 19:57   #7
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
yeah, I mean you can't change your camo or vest for something else but the little things like gloves, goggles sometimes your hat, and you can do things to your weapon like add rails, lights, depending on who you ask sights too. nothing too big but yeah it's comfort fit.

FYI, never been over seas, but I was in the reserves for a while and listened to all they guys who have been over seas telling their stories.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 20:07   #8
-Skeletor-

It all depends on your RSM/CSM. In my unit(Reg Force Infantry BN) guys are allowed to buy their own load bearing vest/chest rig. Only real limitation is that it is has to be OD, Brown or CADPAT and being modular is preferred.

Buying your own gloves, toques, assualt packs/3 days packs, goggles, etc are also allowed.

Weapon parts, within reason. Some guys have bought KAC rails, M16 style carrying handle/sight. A few guys have probably bought their own Red Dot Sights, etc aswell.
Old January 16th, 2008, 22:24   #9
Foofighter

As I understand it when it comes to things like the flak vests if you get shot wearing your own (one that wasn't issued) the military wont be responsible. Also another con of using your own kit is when it breaks it's up to you to replace it out of your own pocket. When something that is issued breaks they just give you a new one.
Foofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 22:39   #10
Viperfish

first off wtf is he doing overseas with a C9A1? i thought everyone had A2s now meh

but ya allot of guys will invest in there own kit, i do, had a buddy who did a fastball tour who brought his own eotech 552 with him

many guys also will buy vert grips and such as well

hell i have an officer in my unit who even invested in a CADPAT holster for his sidearm....that he only ever carrys on a training ex (never going to go on tour) .....officers are strange

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 23:02   #11
-Skeletor-
If you are wounded while wearing non issue kit you are still covered by Veteren's Affairs and SISIP.
Old January 16th, 2008, 23:21   #12
Lakonian
kos

For weapon accessories, don't you have to talk to the armourer about what's okay, and what isn't? (forgive the ignorance)..
Old January 16th, 2008, 23:36   #13
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofighter View Post
As I understand it when it comes to things like the flak vests if you get shot wearing your own (one that wasn't issued) the military wont be responsible. Also another con of using your own kit is when it breaks it's up to you to replace it out of your own pocket. When something that is issued breaks they just give you a new one.
That's an American thing, they don't cover their troops' injuries with pensions and such if they get hurt wearing non issued kit. It's different in Canada. It's not encouraged to buy your own kit, but many folks do. If I were going overseas you can bet your ass there'd be a few items with me that weren't issued. Yes, you pay for repair or replacement out of pocket, but as you mention "they just give you a new one" doesn't always happen. Supply is often out of a given item, especially if it's in a popular size. I have no problem investing in and replacing superior kit if it keeps me happy, comfy and working well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
For weapon accessories, don't you have to talk to the armourer about what's okay, and what isn't? (forgive the ignorance)..
Depends on the accessory. If it's something external and doesn't impede the workings of the gun, it's (generally) ok. You can't go installing a lightened bolt or something like that though. Scopes, lights, grips are usually fine as long as they're within reason. As said above it all depends on the upper management of your unit.
Old January 16th, 2008, 23:39   #14
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post

Depends on the accessory. If it's something external and doesn't impede the workings of the gun, it's (generally) ok. You can't go installing a lightened bolt or something like that though. Scopes, lights, grips are usually fine as long as they're within reason. As said above it all depends on the upper management of your unit.
So no internal modification, eh?
Old January 17th, 2008, 00:55   #15
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
So no internal modification, eh?
Planning on an M190 spring in your C7?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian