Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GBBR Diagnosis for a 1st-time GBBR Owner

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 25th, 2017, 11:20   #1
TheUltraChairsofter

GBBR Diagnosis for a 1st-time GBBR Owner

Hi Everyone,

First post, hope you all can help me. Please forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

I have purchased a WESTERN ARMS M4 CQB made by G&P. I live in Toronto, ON. I have access to parts and service but I have no reference whatsoever. I have no experience with GBBR's and I want to enjoy the gun I just bought for just under 1000 including accessories (yes I spent a lot of money, if it makes you feel better consider me a snooty little rich kid)

I want to start gaming right away. I'm willing to do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY IN TERMS OF UPGRADES ON MY RIFLE IN ORDER TO GET IT RUNNING.

At the present time, I have the stock magazine, a WA PMAG that came with the rifle. I bought 4 more King Arms 50 round stanag mags. Right now, none of the magazines feed. My rifle fires in semi and full auto, but no bb's come out.

Staff at my local field told me this is an issue endemic to all GBBR's. He told me that the release of gas in full auto cools down the internals of my rifle, causing issues with feeding. He also gave me a ton of discouraging info and facts about GBBR's and said my best bet was to heat my mags under the hand dryer in the men's room after filling the mags before a game. I obviously want a more permanent and clinical solution that this, if possible.

I spent this kind of money in the hopes of owning a reliable, powerful, realistic, and cool looking GBBR. I just want the rifle to run every time I load a magazine. Whether I'm doing it wrong, filling it wrong, for god's sake PLEASE HELP.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AND I'M CONSIDERING SELLING THIS RIFLE.

If anyone out there can help me achieve my goal of gaming with a wicked *** GBBR please spell out for me what I need to do. I can't wait to hear your advice, and TBH, I'd appreciate your honesty.

My impression from staff and players at Ultimate Airsoft, Airsoft Depot, and Toronto Airsoft in my city, is that I made a mistake buying a GBBR because there is no way to get the rifles to run reliably. I wait to hear from you guys if this is true.

Thanks for your help!
TheUltraChairsofter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:33   #2
LightBulb

Two words: WE, GHK

Last edited by LightBulb; April 25th, 2017 at 11:37..
LightBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:35   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
GBBRs are great! But ... To be blunt,

You over paid for a garbage gbbr. WA / G&P are dated, you should of researched and looked into GHK if you had the cash to spend on a G&P or second place, WE.

I would sell it and start with a better base, or you can try modding ghk mags to work...with it...

If you want to try your lucky with G&P.. probably need to find an expensive gundoc to look at it to address your issues.

Last edited by BioRage; April 25th, 2017 at 11:46..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:55   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Only way to get the older, and some of the newer GBBRs to work reliably below 15 degrees is to HPA tap the mags. But thats a huge pain in the ass.
If you're playing outdoors, you could try using MAPP gas instead of propane, it has higher pressure in the cold. But still susceptible to cooldown effects.
Just dont forget to vent your mags before storing them full of MAPP gas or they could rupture.
And dont use full auto on GBBRs
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 12:21   #5
Danke

Something is not right here.

Can you post a video of the rifle cycling.

WA has the best external looks of the early gen gas rifles but the mags were always problematic. Usually leaking though. Also there will be massive WA gas gun threads on here and at Arnie's Airsoft. Find those threads and read every post start to finish looking for others who've had your same issue and what they did to address it.
Old April 25th, 2017, 13:35   #6
Kungpow

I would not recommend King Arms M4 GBB magazines. I have heard bad things such as major leaking.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 16:00   #7
TheUltraChairsofter

so if i buy a WE gbbr or a ghk, you're telling me it will work in full auto. thats all i want here.
TheUltraChairsofter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 16:31   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltraChairsofter View Post
so if i buy a WE gbbr or a ghk, you're telling me it will work in full auto. thats all i want here.
All GBBS have a huge cool down dis-advantage PER MAG, I would recommend you HPA tap or go HPA (Tippman M4) if you want to have a drum magazine and go ham on a target.

The best results for GHKs on my test, is it'll start to choke after 3 consecutive mag dumps on the same mag.

You can watch this skinny Asian boy for further proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CapU_y10nMc
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 21:16   #9
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
also the info from this guy at the field is totally retarded, ignore all things he said
NEVER heat your mags with a hair dryer unless you want them to fucking explode
cooldown does NOT cause feeding issues, it causes firing issues
guy sounds like an idiot

but yea you WAAAY overpaid for an obsolete and unrelaible GBBR thats a $350ish gun

Dont be discouraged from GBBRs, they are by far the most fun aand satisfying guns you can get, but you need to start with a WE or GHK, honestly if you want a first GBBR id get a GHK G5, its inexpensive and basically perfect out of the box, and has insane recoil due to its lightweight plastic body and heavy bolt carrier

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; May 1st, 2017 at 09:49..
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 16:36   #10
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltraChairsofter View Post
Hi Everyone,

At the present time, I have the stock magazine, a WA PMAG that came with the rifle. I bought 4 more King Arms 50 round stanag mags. Right now, none of the magazines feed. My rifle fires in semi and full auto, but no bb's come out.

Thanks for your help!
What bb's are you using? Clearly it's a mag problem with the bb's you are using. Do the bb's feed to the top of the feedlips or do they jam before that?

If you're using crappy Valken bb's or equivalent that are spec'd higher than the 6mm side then the feed lips on your mags may be too small for the larger bb's preventing the nozzle loading arm from pushing the bb into the hop up chamber (Is your nozzle arm still intact?).

I had similar issues with my ghk m4 until I found out that the mags were spec'd for the smaller tolerance side of 6mm (5.88+-).
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 16:48   #11
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Does the gun feed bbs if you cycle manually? If so then you have a cycling issue and need to look at how well the action is sealed. Otherwise you either have too much or too little material somewhere in your feedpath. Also your mags should not be cooling down when filling, add o rings to the fill valves if they are missing.
dmitril is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner