Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G17 Question

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 26th, 2017, 17:57   #1
Scarloc

G17 Question

Hey guys I have a TM G17

Guarder slide with smooth movement with no internals.

Once I add the nozzle section the hammer wheel seems to sit just a little too proud and adds a lot of friction to the slide.

Started intermittently last season in the heat so I assumed it was a gas problem and upped the hammer spring, put a 150% on and I think I just made it worse, is there a way to adjust the hammer down a bit? Do I trim the spring or file a bit of the raised section of the nozzle.

Friction is in the .7cm where the nozzle ramp hits the hammer wheel.

Thanks for any help.
Scarloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 18:08   #2
Scarloc

Forgot to mention this is when the hammer is primed. So after it has been pushed and locked into the lower receiver.
Old February 26th, 2017, 19:52   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarloc View Post

Friction is in the .7cm where the nozzle ramp hits the hammer wheel.

Thanks for any help.
You solved your own problem.

When you rack the slide that 0.7cm area has a ramp on the slide that pushes the hammer down. Adding a spring to it increases the resistance when you need more force to push it down.

Solution is two fold: isolate the area where it is getting caught and ascertain that it is indeed the area where it is causing g the resistance. Lubricate the shit out of that area with silicone oil, Teflon grease, or white lithium grease. Anything that is neutral to your seals e.g. piston head.

Second, remove the 150% hammer spring. Your new slide is still new. The ramp there still needs to be worn in before it will feel smooth like butter. Adding a hammer spring will just make it wear faster but may actually damage due to missfeeding or getting caught on the ramp area.

Have patience. It will likely start getting better after 2-3 games. DO NOT file down the internals. That is a last resort solution.

Tl;Dr lube the shit out of it remove the upgrade spring your gun needs to be worn in.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2017, 21:30   #4
Scarloc

Put it back to original gun minus the hammer spring. (mostly because I cramped my fingers putting it in)

Same problem where its tight to rack over the ramp.

So I pulled the hammer assembly, the hook that holds the hammer in place appears fine but where it catches the hammer there is a bit of wear. Would this cause the hammer wheel to sit a bit high? The wheel sits about 1mm above the rail.

Of course over time the metal will wear but last game I had to hand rack each round to finish the cycle. Trying to not have to do that again as it made my backup unreliable.
Old February 27th, 2017, 01:45   #5
RainyEyes

Take it to a gun doc. You shouldn't need to manually rack after each shot. Either the nozzle doesn't fit the slide or something else is broken.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:32   #6
Scarloc

Noticed that the rocket valve was turned sideways so only 1/4 of the air could get through. (prob not the actual problem) And sanded a bit of the ramp off. Cycles great now.

Couple more questions, bought a tightbore and nineball bucking last summer. Barrels were OOS so just got the bucking. Put it on the original TM Barrel and cant seem to get enough hop up. Guessing this is due to the extra play in the barrel? Putting the original back on for now.

Anyway I can better seal the TM mags? Pulled them all apart and cleaned/oiled them. Still have one that leaks around the square seal. Seems to not have any type of gasket, just plastic on plastic with a bit of oil. Any recommendations?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner