Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reduce FPS on KWC Taurus GBBP.

:

How To

Old June 13th, 2015, 20:49   #1
alchemy

Reduce FPS on KWC Taurus GBBP.

I imagine there are a bunch of people who bought this gun because, hey a fully automatic GBBP. Thats insane, I want it! Problem is it uses CO2 and shoots way to hot. Got Chrono'd at Siege earlier this week at 450fps (@ 30 Degrees C) which is crazy firepower for a pistol, but all of KWC's guns are like this.

Here is a step by step on how to lower the FPS to around 350 avg and the only parts you need are two tiny o-rings you should be able to get from Home Depot, so about $5 tops.

First lets separate the slide from the body as thats the part we're interested in.

Next we want to remove the metal plate which holds the nozzle and springs in place. We do so by removing the phillips screw at the far right of the slide. Use a small flat head screw driver like a crowbar on the back end where the screw is to pop it up. This will release the springs as they are attached to that metal plate. Pay careful attention when handling the springs at all times throughout this guide as they are rather delicate and you don't want to kink them.

Now that we have that apart we want to remove the nozzle. To do so, pull the recoil spring and barrel forward in one hand so you have enough room and gently pull the nozzle out. The back piece is not secure, so try not to knock it out of place while you do this. Once the nozzle is out, slide the barrel back to its rest position.

Now that we have it apart there is a tiny little plastic (flute) valve inside the nozzle, just tap the nozzle on the table till it falls out. You can see the two little o-rings I'm using, unfortunately I can't tell you the exact size as I actually took these from a GHK valve maintenance kit, but they need to be small enough to fit snugly over the flute valve and not move around too much.

Like so. So basically what we are doing is shortening the distance that the flute valve needs to travel before it closes and forces the gas in the opposite direction (blowback) which resets the trigger. *edit* theoretically, this should actually enhance the blow back somewhat as we are using the same amount of gas on each shot, but we are using less to propel the BB.. weather this is a measurable difference is another question... *edit*

Now we can start putting the gun back together, working backwards. Drop the valve back into the nozzle. Pull the barrel and recoil spring forward and replace the nozzle. Release the recoil spring to its rest position. Place the two smaller springs back in their channels.

Next put the metal plate back on minding not to crush the springs, make sure its all the way down and screw it back into place. Do not tighten the screw like a gorilla, it is deep enough that it will be secure and the zinc slide will strip very easily. Use a precision screwdriver to carefully compress the spring and loop them over the hooks on the metal plate. Do this slowly because if youre going to fuck up the springs its going to be during this part.

After that youre done. Put the slide back on and test it out for yourself. I was getting an average of 350fps, I even stuck the mag infront of a radiant heater to simulate the 30 Degree C conditions and it was a little hotter but still under the 380fps limit at Siege and Mach 1.

There are a few versions of this gun and I imagine this mod would work on all of them.

Hope that helps some ppl out!

Last edited by alchemy; June 13th, 2015 at 21:06..
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > How To