Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Us dump bag

:

WW1, WW2

Old November 3rd, 2012, 14:30   #1
Retrogrouch

Us dump bag

What do y'all think would be better for a us dump bag- m1 ammo bag or the bigger m1936 musette bag?

Cheers,

Rg
Retrogrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 15:44   #2
pugs144

Because back in WWII tactical reloads were all the rage.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 16:08   #3
Retrogrouch

Rodge that on the tac reloads. I have a 5 cell 20 round mag pouch for my Thompson, with 30 end mags in it. I have a few picture of first special service force guys doin this, with the cell closures bent around the side of the mag to keep it in. The problem is that it takes two hands to refasten the flap when you need to insert a magazine. ( I broke the LTD on my first pouch wrestling with it one handed) I love to keep my load out as plausible as possible, but when I need to do a quick admin reload, it would be nice not to have to fool around. I guess I could just drop it, stuff it into a cargo, then ' prioritze ' my mags in a lul in the battle. I don't like reloading my tactically changed mags back into my tommy knocker, because their is no way to check how many rounds are in it. Maybe I should number them, but I think that would be beyond my ' battlefield cool' to make that work. I have thought about sneaking in some styrene into the cells to help them stay more open. Opinions?

RG
Old November 3rd, 2012, 16:30   #4
redzaku

or just get a regular dump pouch in OD, don't think that the US army issued dump pouches in ww2 because it is called pants pockets
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 16:52   #5
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

Not sure what kind of pouch this is, but this man definitely has one. Amazing pic though!

Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 16:53   #6
shiftsup

Get a meat can pouch. The ones that come with the 1928 Haversack.They can be purchased separately.

Attach meat can pouch to a web pistol belt with those web ties that vendors call "airborne leg straps". Or cut of the 1928 Haversack straps and use those.

The M36 bag is pretty big to use as a dump pouch and the M1 ammo bag because it is slung over a shoulder moves around a lot. When you find yourself prone or crawling in a game quite often it'll be in the somewhere uncomfortable or awkward to get to. Lots of guys I play with own them but rarely if ever use them.

I have a pretty good FSSF impression and I don't bother with either of the M1 ammo bag or the XXrd 5 cell pouch. I keep the TSMG mags in my pants. Left trouser leg pocket is for loaded, right leg trouser pocket is for spent mags.

There's a few pictures out there of field expedited meat can pouches done by wwii us Rangers among others iirc.

This Ranger is wearing his meat can pouch below his 5 cell XXrd TSMG pouch which appears to be holding 30 rd mags. Not sure whats in the mear can pouch, maybe an "L" drum mag.

I posted this on another forum last year.

I have seen this in numerous photographs so here is a field substitute pouch for holding Thompson drum magazines 30rd Thompson magazines or Grease Gun magazines.

I used 2 paratrooper leg straps to tie the meat can pouch to the pistol belt.

It isn't difficult to attach this to a xxrd 5 cell TSMG pouch either

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; November 4th, 2012 at 08:51..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 16:58   #7
shiftsup

Looks like the 101st glider infantry trooper is still wearing his M7 gas mask bag.

They look like this.

Those things are rubberized / waterproof , attach around the leg and waist by airborne and were generally discarded immediately once they hit the ground.

They are closed by rolling the opening shut and have snaps to shut them. Not great for mags, but good for securing personal items.

Last edited by shiftsup; November 3rd, 2012 at 20:32..
Old November 4th, 2012, 00:56   #8
leecas
The Rain Man

Pick up the following. It's made for the Thompson mags.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=4191&bc=no

Last edited by leecas; November 4th, 2012 at 01:14..
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:28   #9
Retrogrouch

Thanks for the input guys. I originally thought of the british made Thompson mag pouch, because of the single ltd fastener. But, I have had bad luck with the ltds breaking. ( they can be fixed with a small screw, sheet metal washer, and epoxy, by the way). The meat can from the m1928 looks cool, and I like field impro stuff, but I am having trouble finding one. Is it the ' carrier, pack, m1928 ?. I have tried to post a picture from one of my reference books, but my iPad skills are weak. I have been looking closer at the m1 ammo bag. It looks like it could be attached directly onto a web belt whith the hooks for the GI strap. Functionally, I think this might be easier in the field than having another strap around your neck. (iPad failure. Pictures to follow)

Thanks for you time.
Rg
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:59   #10
shiftsup

Yes, carrier pack 1928 or just do an ebay search for M1928 Haverssack. Chinese repros go for less than $50 including shipping.

You can most likely attach the M1 Ammo bag to a pistol belt as the shoulder strap is the GP strap the closure is a web belt loop and also has D rings on each side of the bag.

There's also the "spare ammo bag" like At The Front and WPG sell, those straps are stitched on and has LTD's. Pretty sure Leecas posted a picture of the "spare ammo bag".
Old November 4th, 2012, 13:24   #11
B@K3R

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produ...Code=usfmcpww2

or

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produ...Code=usfmcpwwI

or go with this one

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/Produ...ctCode=USGPSMR

Cable Splicers Have Bigger Conductors
B@K3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 19:26   #12
Retrogrouch

Well, I given allot of thought to what everyone has said, and I think I'm going to go with what Shiftsup recommended in the first place. Thanks B@3kR, leecas and Steathee for your very good suggestions. I'm going to go with the pants pocket, because according to my books, many tommy gunners in the fssf carried their mags there, and preferred to use a Garand cartridge belt, as opposed to the pistol belt. ( I'm not sure what they would have kept in the belt, mind you.) Those guys basically had the pick of any equipment they wanted, so they must had gone that way for a reason. ( bonus, I save $30-$60)

My FSSF impression is a bit of a stretch, because I'm using a 1942 para jump suit as the base. There are many pictures of Gen Fredricks in one, and I'm sure that there was many an opportunities to "liberate" them from the 82nd at anzio. I went this way for 3 reasons. 1 smokin deal. 2. If they do the "jump into destiny event out here again, I'm in. 3. every body seems to be out of mountain pants right now. ( I never could find a Parka). I figure that as the Chinese knock off stuff wares out, I replace it with the good stuff

Thanks Again,

RG
Old November 4th, 2012, 21:32   #13
shiftsup

Army HBT's and / or M1937 woolies sorta work for FSSF if you cannot find mountain trousers. WPG has had mountain trousers on closeout for ages. If they have the large sizes they fit about 2"- 3" less than the labelled waist size. They must finally be sold out maybe. You can always have someone skilled take them in a bit.

The M42 jump jacket was pretty iffy for a Forceman that wasn't a general. But I get your reasoning.

I am pretty sure you can score a parka if you want

Last edited by shiftsup; November 4th, 2012 at 21:59..
Old November 4th, 2012, 21:34   #14
Drunk_Albertan

What is "Jump into Destiny"?

Airsoft or BF?
Old November 4th, 2012, 22:02   #15
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
I do have a pair of Mountain trousers from WPG for sale if you're interested.

For the dump pouch, as said by the others, can be your pockets (they are huge on Moutain, M42 and M43 pants), M1 Ammunition bag, General Purpose bag, Gas mask bag or even a Mapcase bag. I use the latest personally.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2