Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official Dress Docs?

:

Canadian

Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:34   #1
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

Official Dress Docs?

Now I realize that many members of this Forum frown upon those that were in Cadets so I'm only going to reference it for one reason here... I was in the Air Cadets here in Alberta since I was 12 and until I was 17, I joined to get flight experience, and not because I wanted to be a wannabe soldier. So, now that I've got that out of me, I hope I don't need to worry about any of the shit that went down in THIS thread.

Alright so, I know that when I was in the Air Cadet system we had CATOs (Cadet Administrative and Training Orders) that outlined almost all of what we did. Included in these documents were dress codes and such for all the different uniform types we had (example here). Now I'm wondering if there are any publicly available documents like this that the CF uses to outline their "tactical" or "battle" uniforms? Like, what they're supposed to wear while out on patrol and the like. If anyone's got this info and it's publicly available I'd like to look through it to work on my Canadian load out.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:55   #2
-Skeletor-
Theres no real standard loadout of what must be carried. Well.. on course there is but in the unit and overseas you carry the mission essential kit you've been issued and anything extra you decide. Also, depending on your role within the section/platoon/coy your gear will be different, ie if you are the Section Commander, Signaller, C9 Gunner, M203, etc Also, the length you will be out, etc

For an example here's what I carried with me on patrol in Afghanistan

(the water bottle filled with gatorade is the only thing missing in the chest rig picture and sometimes I tossed it in granola bars or whatever).

And in the left arm sleeve pocket on my combats I carried a reports and returns book, notepad and markers.

In my backpack I had the radio, an extra smoke, an some extra medical stuff and a 3L camelbak

Why do you really need this anyway? You won't have access to some of this stuff and theres really no need to carry some of it for airsoft, etc. Just use what works for you and only take what you need for a game. No point in carrying(and buying) around extra stuff you aren't gonna use.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; October 2nd, 2008 at 10:06..
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:21   #3
Cortex

I'm just looking for more reference material to create a Canadian "themed" version of kit. Obviously I won't be able to get the real deal stuff because it's fairly locked down and hard to get (though I've seen people with issued gear airsofting before, at least they bragged that it was). I'm basically just looking for information on what the real soldiers wear so that I can put some kit together accordingly.

So far I've got:
• CADPAT (TW) BDUs
Eagle TAC-V1-N Vest (Black).
Non-ballistic Helmet (Black).
Eagle Duty Belt (Black).
MK23 USP CAL.45 Dropleg Pistol Holster (Black).
• Hatch Centurion Elbow and Knee Pads (Black).

Going to get:
• Some type of CamelBack in Black.
• Dump Pouch in Black.

Obviously CF don't use black gear as much as I am, but I like the look that the Black on CADPAT gives off. Plus, you can use Black gear with pretty much any other camo pattern as well...

Last edited by Cortex; October 3rd, 2008 at 23:46..
Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:41   #4
Danke

Why not get Ranger Green or Coyote Brown? That'll blend in better and fit with more if you change out.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 23:47   #5
Cortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Why not get Ranger Green or Coyote Brown? That'll blend in better and fit with more if you change out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I like the look that the Black on CADPAT gives off. Plus, you can use Black gear with pretty much any other camo pattern as well...
Plus I'm a little low on cash at the moment so I can't just go and buy a whole new set of gear. I'm probably going to grab a modular vest next time I make a new kit though, just opens up more options to me . I've also seen some pics of JTF-2 guys wearing (mostly) black gear with CADPAT and it looks pretty spiffy.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 23:50   #6
Danke

We have a guy out here who wore a black vest. All you'd see was a nice black vest bobbing through the trees, and then he'd get lit up. He eventually quit wearing it.

There is always spray paint. I just tanned up a woodland box mag and a green Mp5 magazine pouch. Looked great afterwards.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 16:47   #7
-Skeletor-
If you aren't going for a real CF look, why do you need references?

You really should be going for CADPAT, Coyote Brown or OD gear for a good CF look.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:17   #8
Cortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MikeL- View Post
If you aren't going for a real CF look, why do you need references?

You really should be going for CADPAT, Coyote Brown or OD gear for a good CF look.
So I can look at the types of gear that they wear... Which I'm way off on apparently.

Still, I think it looks good and that's all that really matters...
Old October 21st, 2008, 22:46   #9
Airsoft Team Altona

Send a message via MSN to Airsoft Team Altona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Obviously CF don't use black gear as much as I am, but I like the look thatan use Black gear with pretty much any other camo pattern as well...
Black stands out easily in wooded areas
Old October 22nd, 2008, 16:06   #10
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Black only serve to mimic shadows on a 2D camoflage patern. All black camoflage is not camoflage at all.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian