42mm Killflash?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 26th, 2013, 22:58   #1
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser

42mm Killflash?

Hi guys,

I have an NC Star 3-9x42 3RS Series Scope, and I'm having an impossible time trying to find a killflash for it. The only ones I've found were $60, and $101. Obviously, I kinda think that's far too much to spend considering that a 40mm killflash will go for $20-30.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get one on a fairly reasonable budget? Yes, I've done the straw method, but it didn't seem to last more than two games. I'd like something more permanent.

Thanks a lot,
Bakasaur
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:42   #2
narfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasaur View Post
Hi guys,

I have an NC Star 3-9x42 3RS Series Scope, and I'm having an impossible time trying to find a killflash for it. The only ones I've found were $60, and $101. Obviously, I kinda think that's far too much to spend considering that a 40mm killflash will go for $20-30.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get one on a fairly reasonable budget? Yes, I've done the straw method, but it didn't seem to last more than two games. I'd like something more permanent.

Thanks a lot,
Bakasaur
I know this is an ancient thread, but I found it while googling and I have the exact same "problem" with the scope I recently bought (Visionking 3-9x42 Mil-dot 30 Hunting Tac Rifle scope). A lot of kill flash offers for the 40mm version but almost none (at least that can be considered) for the 42mm versions.
Is there any active user, that found a supplier for the 42mm version in the time between 2013 and now?^^
Thanks
narfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 02:14   #3
Tuzi

So if you're looking for a VisionKing branded one, good luck. Otherwise, understand that there is no standard to these as far as sizes go.
Meaning, if you happen to find a killflash that is labeled on the package 42mm, not only will it not likely fit, but you'd be hard pressed to find any part of that product to measure out 42mm.
Instead, manufacturers only label these for what specific model of scope it will mount on. Let's say you have a Fuji Moose View 42mm scope... well, chances are, it will require a different Fuji branded kill flash, than what's needed for a Fuji Duck Hunt 42mm scope (hypothetical made up scopes). The general construction of scopes and optics vary so much between brands, and even between series of the same brand... the diameter reference for add-ons, is only one of many important words in the product description.
If you take off the lens cap, the sun shade, remove the objective lens retention rings, then... you will be able to measure something pretty close to the diameter that is part of the product description. Pretty frustrating if you're not familiar...

VisionKing has their place... but if you want to find a suitable killflash off the shelf, you're going to have to do some legwork and start measuring.
Think outside of the box and consider different ways of incorporating a killflash... there's usually a few different rings in front of the objective lens. These are usually fairly deep and have a lot of fine threads. Then there's the likelihood of having a rubber fitting with a hinged lens cap which may double as a sunshade. This stretches over the outer diameter of the end of the scope. Any of these can open some options for finding an off the shelf killflash that may work. There's a reason why a market exists for these ugly plastic shields people mount in front of their pretty optics.
Good luck.
Tuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 05:24   #4
narfi

Damn, I cannot believe I got such an extensive and explanatory answer to a scope question in an Airsoft forum- thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzi View Post
So if you're looking for a VisionKing branded one, good luck.
No, not at all. Everything that fits, is accepted!

Quote:
Otherwise, understand that there is no standard to these as far as sizes go.
Meaning, if you happen to find a killflash that is labeled on the package 42mm, not only will it not likely fit, but you'd be hard pressed to find any part of that product to measure out 42mm.
meh

Quote:
If you take off the lens cap, the sun shade, remove the objective lens retention rings, then... you will be able to measure something pretty close to the diameter that is part of the product description. Pretty frustrating if you're not familiar...
Yeah, not familiar at all...

Quote:
VisionKing has their place... but if you want to find a suitable killflash off the shelf, you're going to have to do some legwork and start measuring.
Will be done, as soon as the package reaches me.

Quote:
Think outside of the box and consider different ways of incorporating a killflash... there's usually a few different rings in front of the objective lens. These are usually fairly deep and have a lot of fine threads. Then there's the likelihood of having a rubber fitting with a hinged lens cap which may double as a sunshade. This stretches over the outer diameter of the end of the scope. Any of these can open some options for finding an off the shelf killflash that may work. There's a reason why a market exists for these ugly plastic shields people mount in front of their pretty optics.
Good luck.
Apparently, yes. I will measure the scope, once it arrives. I will post the specs here, in case you happen to know a killflash that fits. In any case, someone that thinks about ordering the same scope, will have the exact specs before ordering...
narfi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion