Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Armoured divisons?

:

WW1, WW2

Old June 25th, 2012, 22:31   #1
need_a_name

Armoured divisons?

Alright I dont know if anybody has seen operation cobra, a french ww2 game that many people from the surounding country's come to participate in. At operation Cobra III i beleive there was over 200 payers if my memory still serves me well. Anywho the amount of vehicles during that game was imense, Halftracks everywherre! This got me thinking, wouldn't it be sweet if there was a ww2 game with armour divisions. Like having a group who dedicates themselves at coming to games with a couple panzers, 1 or 2 stugg's and a tiger! or 2 shermans, a vc firefly and a couple of bren gun carriers in the back?
I think it would be pretty damn sick and would make for a game that you would never forget, what do you guys think? do you think there might be Armoured divisions in the futur of airsoft?
need_a_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:45   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

We've all dream't about this. Sadly Dreaming and Reality are too far apart sometimes.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:46   #3
Drunk_Albertan

Il bring my Panzer division to the next Airsoft game.
Old June 25th, 2012, 23:05   #4
Krieg

Send a message via MSN to Krieg
What you described, is at best a small Kampfgruppe.
Which is probably the only feasible idea.

Armored divisions(well Axis ones at least), full strength, consisted of over 100 tanks, only tanks, not counting the divisions recon, motorized, self-propelled artillery, tank hunter units.

Some really dedicated members of the living history community do own some rare vehicles or pretty nice mock ups, and are kind enough to bring these to major events in the States.

Panzergrenadier Attack! GAP 08 - YouTube

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
Quote:
Originally Posted by János Hunyadi
To withdraw is impossible, to surrender is unthinkable. Let us fight bravely and honour our arms!- 1444 Battle of Varna
Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 13:12   #5
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_a_name View Post
Alright I dont know if anybody has seen operation cobra, a french ww2 game that many people from the surounding country's come to participate in. At operation Cobra III i beleive there was over 200 payers if my memory still serves me well. Anywho the amount of vehicles during that game was imense, Halftracks everywherre! This got me thinking, wouldn't it be sweet if there was a ww2 game with armour divisions. Like having a group who dedicates themselves at coming to games with a couple panzers, 1 or 2 stugg's and a tiger! or 2 shermans, a vc firefly and a couple of bren gun carriers in the back?
I think it would be pretty damn sick and would make for a game that you would never forget, what do you guys think? do you think there might be Armoured divisions in the futur of airsoft?
Oh I think it's a great idea and I think anyone that does WWII Re-enacting would love to see all that armour at an event. But realistically... that it's going to happen... at least not what you're talking about and not in Canada. Our Group attends a Military Muster and they bring armour from all over Ontario and you can't get what you are talking about.

I would be happy for a Bren gun carrier or two, a halftarck and a few jeeps. Now that's doable and will likely be seen at some of our future events.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2