Airsoft Canada
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/airsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Plate Carriers/Load Bearing Equipment used by Special Forces in Green Zone and Behind Enemy Lines Colombia

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old May 16th, 2011, 15:59   #1
The101Factor

Send a message via MSN to The101Factor
Plate Carriers/Load Bearing Equipment used by Special Forces in Green Zone and Behind Enemy Lines Colombia

Working on some matte paintings of still shot images from the movie, but I'm modifying the set up of the vests and some gear changes but I don't know what all the vests being used are. I know there is the Amphibious Assault Vest, Strike Recon commando harness and thats pretty much it.
YouTube - Behind Enemy Lines part 9
YouTube - Green Zone (2010) Part 4 of 12
And for your viewing entertainment. opcorn:
Old May 16th, 2011, 18:23   #2
-Skeletor-
For the Green Zone the Americans are wearing Interceptor Body Armor(IBA)
Old May 16th, 2011, 19:20   #3
The101Factor

I said the Special Forces guys, watch the video link not the US Army MET-D team. Lol read the title before posting a fail reply.
Old May 16th, 2011, 19:26   #4
philster911

Quote:
Originally Posted by The101Factor View Post
I said the Special Forces guys, watch the video link not the US Army MET-D team. Lol read the title before posting a fail reply.
So nicely asked, looks like they are some 1337ultraspecialforcebadassallMOLLEmotherfuckingve sts. Dude, learn to respect people.

On another note, the special forces in the green zone looks like they all have either chest rigs, or RRV-look-a-like vests. There's also one of the special forces dude that seem to have a plate carrier, maybe a CIRAS.

philster911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 19:36   #5
The101Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philster911 View Post
So nicely asked, looks like they are some 1337ultraspecialforcebadassallMOLLEmotherfuckingve sts. Dude, learn to respect people.

On another note, the special forces in the green zone looks like they all have either chest rigs, or RRV-look-a-like vests. There's also one of the special forces dude that seem to have a plate carrier, maybe a CIRAS.
Sorry, I've been having a bad day so I've been snapping on a few things.
Old May 16th, 2011, 20:09   #6
-Skeletor-
Quote:
I think what you mean to say was

"Thanks, but what I meant was the dudes who show up in the Blackhawk at the 7 minute mark"

Also, just a FYI a lot of people call everyone Special Forces in movies, etc, so you need to add more detail in what you are asking. Also those guys from what I remember of the movie are not Special Forces, they are CIA? guys or something. Special Forces refers to the US Army Special Forces aka Green Berets, no one else in the US Military "Special Forces"

Request for help FAIL

Last edited by -Skeletor-; May 16th, 2011 at 20:16..
Old May 16th, 2011, 20:19   #7
The101Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
I think what you mean to say was

"Thanks, but what I meant was the dudes who show up in the Blackhawk at the 7 minute mark"

Also, just a FYI a lot of people call everyone Special Forces in movies, etc, so you need to add more detail in what you are asking. Also those guys from what I remember of the movie are not Special Forces, they are CIA? guys or something. Special Forces refers to the US Army Special Forces aka Green Berets, no one else in the US Military "Special Forces"
Heh, if you watch the movie later on when Chief Miller meets with the CIA Agent he called them Army SF, thus they are United States Army Special Forces "Green Berets". Thank you again, for misinforming and misleading the point of the thread again...
Old May 16th, 2011, 20:38   #8
philster911

Quote:
Heh, if you watch the movie later on when Chief Miller meets with the CIA Agent he called them Army SF, thus they are United States Army Special Forces "Green Berets". Thank you again, for misinforming and misleading the point of the thread again...
You know you are talking to an active military? I think skeletor is the good person to answer your question, so maybe a litlle bit of respect once again?

Old May 16th, 2011, 21:08   #9
The101Factor

First off, for a active soldier I think he would think and look at what they are wearing then look at the soldier. What do you see on the American soldier during 2003 Iraq? PAGST Helmet, 3CD-BDU, the M81WDL-IBA and the standard service rifle was the M16A2. Now these guys are rocking M16 Carbines mixed kit, and helmets not even in issue with standard enlisted men. Now if I could make that connection at the age of fifteen, wouldn't you expect a soldier in the military to do so?
Its like giving a Canadian Soldier HyperStealth fatigues, CIRAS and a C8SFW fitted with a suppressor, which I think would piss off your CO would it not?
Now sure he may be active duty but commonsense is not present in his posts in this thread, and again I must bring this thread back on topic.

Since rewatching parts of each movie plate carriers/load bearing vests used were:
FSBE Amphibious Assault Vest
Blackhawk S.T.R.I.K.E Commando Recon Harness
Eagle Industries CIRAS Maritime
Eagle Industries RRV
HSGI Weesatch (Not confirmed)
HSGI Woosatch (Not confirmed)
MAS Ranger Assault Vest
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:10   #10
-Skeletor-
Quote:
What misinformation/misleading was I doing? I didn't say they weren't SF like it was a fact, just that I didn't remember them being SF. I wasn't shifting the topic of the conversation with something off topic. I'm sorry I'm not a SME on that movie like you seem to be. What a horrible thing I did by misremembing the great info in that obviously fact filled film.

Anyways, watch the attitude, if you wan't people to help don't come off as arrogant.
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:19   #11
The101Factor

Sorry for passing arrogant next time life decides to shit on me I'll go around and pin happy faces and flowers on people's doors if that makes you feel better.
I just paid attention to things to draw realistic things, sure I might not know anything but I know what a standard enlisted man would be issued and what would SOFs have.
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:19   #12
-Skeletor-
Quote:
First off, for a active soldier I think he would think and look at what they are wearing then look at the soldier.
I did look like that "soldiers" in that clip, I just scanned through the first few minutes of it and saw they were wearing IBAs, etc.

Quote:
M16 Carbines
I don't believe M16 carbine is theaccurate/correct term there All Knowing The101Factor.

Quote:
Now if I could make that connection at the age of fifteen, wouldn't you expect a soldier in the military to do so?
What connection did I miss? I noted what the Matt Damon's team was wearing. Are you referring to not thinking the guys in the Black Hawk were US Army SF? I'm sorry but nothing about that group screams SF.. Also, it is a f*cking movie.. don't expect it to accurately portray USSF, etc

Quote:
Its like giving a Canadian Soldier HyperStealth fatigues, CIRAS and a C8SFW fitted with a suppressor, which I think would piss off your CO would it not?
I'm not following this throught process. Also, I doubt a CO, or any officer, etc would actually get "pissed off" over some innacurate things in a movie.

Quote:
Now sure he may be active duty but commonsense is not present in his posts in this thread
lol, what because I misremembered something from a movie I saw over a year ago I lack commonsense? Also what posts are you basing this off, just the ones here?

Quote:
Since rewatching parts of each movie plate carriers/load bearing vests used were:
FSBE Amphibious Assault Vest
Blackhawk S.T.R.I.K.E Commando Recon Harness
Eagle Industries CIRAS Maritime
Eagle Industries RRV
HSGI Weesatch (Not confirmed)
HSGI Woosatch (Not confirmed)
MAS Ranger Assault Vest
I guess you are the SME, and we should be coming to you for help then?

Kid, you are f*cking 15, you have done nothing for you to feel this sense of arrogance you show. Watch the attitude, and don't try to belittle people, epecially so poorly.
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:21   #13
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Sorry for passing arrogant next time life decides to shit on me I'll go around and pin happy faces and flowers on people's doors if that makes you feel better.
I just paid attention to things to draw realistic things, sure I might not know anything but I know what a standard enlisted man would be issued and what would SOFs have.
Boo hoo, you had a bad day, so you immaturely try to shit on other people? Wow, super.

How did I not know what regular troops and SOF would have? I don't see where you are getting this from?

Also, you KNOW what is issue gear to Regular units and SOF? Where do you get your knowledge from? Watching the Green Zone 5 times, playing call of duty and seeing some pictures online? Yea you are a SME.
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:31   #14
The101Factor

Belittle? Heheh... man Falchion would love to take a crack at you. And I know they don't accurately portray USSFs but what other unit do you see during that time comming down in Blackhawks carrying a bunch of M4A1s and for some of the old guys with updated CAR-15s non issued cammies I would have guessed some kind of Special Forces or commando unit. I'm not trying to belittle anyone I'm just a little piece of shit that gets pissed off easily sorry for having flaws.

Sure the movie was damn unrealistic, the F*cking chief went off and conducted a Direct Action Snatch without even ringing the higher ups and I think thats against Operating Procedure but the best part I'd say had to be the Special Force's assault on the stronghold reminds me a lot of the F*ck up in Somalia which is now known as Black Hawk Down.

Anyways, I guess I was trolling a bit... just was a bit bothered by something that happened at school.

And no? I read books by ex SOFs? Mostly SAS, but the Americans try to copy the british to the letter *Cough* Delta Forces *Cough*. Also, CoD pisses me off, dumb game too hollywood I'll stick to Elder Scrolls Oblivion thank you very much.
Old May 16th, 2011, 21:51   #15
philster911

You had a bad day at school? You know everybody on this forum (well, almost) are over 18 and have jobs? When i have a bad day at job, when my boss pisses me off, do i come here and shit on everybody? No. Do the same, even if you're still at the "I'll try to look cool and impress everybody" age.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi