Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What model are you working under?

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old October 8th, 2009, 17:17   #1
Oborous

What model are you working under?

I'm noticing a fair amount of confusion over play styles, and thought I'd do a write up of the major, basic models that you can play airsoft under. I'm not claiming SME status on this, but trying to get discussion started.

What is a model
Model drives your TTP and gear choices; it's the major determining factor of what you're going to be carrying and how you're going to be using it. A guy carrying an M16 family of weapon protecting a Sniper is going to need alot less ammo than a guy carrying an M16 as a rifleman/assaulter.

Part of this is to realize the disconnect between live fire and airsoft. You'll see this especially in the PMC compared to Infantry model; airsofters require more of a PMC load-out than infantry due to a lack of heavy weapons, indirect fire (mortars and artillery), and air support. Airsofters also need very little 3rd line support, focusing mainly on 2nd line gear; only long milsims bring the requirement of 3rd line gear.

What is 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line gear?
Discussed in the gear section. Quickly:
1st line is stuff to keep you alive; stuff you always have on you. Your blow out medical kit, a pistol, pistol ammo, E&E kit.
2nd line is your primary ability to fight. Armor, long-arm, ammo, grenades, hydration.
3rd line is your ability to sustain. Backpack, food, poncho, more hydration, tent etc.

"F**king a football factor" (F3)
F3 is the distance your gear on your front protrudes from your body, preventing you from getting as low as possible to the ground when you go prone. This is really important as the 'allowable' F3 factor changes over time and under which model. The current military operations (i.e. 2001 onwards) have focused on extensive built-up terrain operations (i.e. urban combat, FISH, MOUT, etc.), so .mil looked towards SWAT for effective gear; but SWAT can have a high F3 factor (they're always upright, always on the attack, always going for maximum shock and awe... once they initiate, the cannot stop/slow down until the mission is accomplished); then PMC's started appearing, PMC's do not have the ability to call in artillery strikes, mortar attacks, or a gunship; they're often out of the communications loop for the .mil guys; they really only have themselves and their buddies to rely on. So doctrine is to lay down heavy suppresive fire while bounding backwards; this burns a huge amount of ammo... that you have to carry on you. This is why you see guys with 20+ mags, that's all they'll have until they get back to base. Army saw this and then started dictating increased ammo load outs to prevent running empty and to 'keep up with the jone's' (aka PMC's) This increase just added weight to an already overloaded soldier, with increasing armor coverage further slowing them down. Army became so overloaded that they could not pursue opprotunities (I.e. sending soldiers to setup in an advantageous position) due to fatigued soldiers. All of this is due to inappropriate F3 factor for your model.

Infantry Model
The base model, doesn't mean there is anything wrong here, it's just the most common that people think they're playing under. There are several subdivisions such as Mounted vs Patrol. With this, you're apart of a team, you have heavy weapons support (and hopefully indirect fire and air support), and an unified command structure. If you're dismounted on long patrols, your gear includes a fair amount of 3rd line because you're outside the wire for days/weeks at a time. If you're mounted (i.e. in a vehicle), you have to be able to get in and out of that vehicle. Your f3 must be pretty low. In the case of F3 discussion for mounted operations, it's because you'll hang up on the steering wheel.

SWAT model
This is the cool-guy-gear law enforcement model. You carry no 3rd line gear (you're in your own city) and have a high F3 factor; you are only going in on the attack, maximizing shock and awe. You are building your gear/TTP towards high intensity, very short duration operations. You deploy a variety of gear and generally carry a diverse array of 'continum of force' options (batons, tasers, OC, gas grenades, pistols, to primary arms). Flexibility is the key here, because the loadout is build for very dynamic situations (when tactical teams are deployed, it's often after being in position for hours while other options are used (negotiators) or in unknown situations (high risk warrants), so you never know what you're going to need).

Special Forces Model
You're highly trained light infantry. You operate behind lines, doing things that the other models don't do. You're light, you're slick, you rely on mobility, team work, training, and the best (and lightest) gear you can get your hands on. Your restrictions on customization of gear are almost nil; results matter, not how good you look. Guntape, paracord, shockcord are all heavily used; modified gear is prevalent.

PMC model
You can afford a high F3 factor because it's all you've got; your 2nd line gear is decked out with everything you need, because resupply is very unlikely until you get back to a friendly base. You may even wear four tourniquets (one on each limb) to show how bad-a$$ you are and incase you get hit (self aid if much more likely here). You have some unconventional gear, because .mil isn't dictating what you must wear; and you often come from cool-guy units and know how to maximize your gear choices. Like special forces, the amount of gun-tape, paracord, and shockcord used on your gear should shock airsofters. Clothing/uniform is dictated based on who you're working for (US Department of State has different requirements for PMC's than the conventions of war (i.e. hague, geneva, outcomes of nuremburg trials, etc.)).

Recce/sniper model
This is the lightest gear load out, with the highest ratio of gear being the 3rd line. You're out in the cold for extended period of time with a very specific mission; you're not trying to stack up enemy private/corporal kills like cordwood. You're using mobility and stealth to your maximum advantage; F3 factor kills here. You have the most unconventional gear out of all; pruning shears are often useful.

BTW, I personally disagree with a rifle drag bag. Drag your backpack. A backpack is a high F3 factor on your back; if you're skulking towards an OP in a ghillie suit, adding 16" of backpack makes you that much more un-natural; and you don't have your weapon at hand.

The two easiest models to work under are the PMC and the Recce (note Sniper requires a pretty expensive weapon to actually outrange a decent AEG by enough to matter). You may want to look like something else, but realize that looking like a US Army LT in airsoft doesn't mean you have the ability to call in a gunship. Nor dressing like SWAT is going to actually allow you to CS gas a house or taser someone (as much as you'd like to).

I think I've covered the bases.
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 17:27   #2
Donster

VERY nice breakdown. i think it should be stickied.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 17:27   #3
Oborous

So, now you're saying how does this matter... WTF is Oborous talking about, and is he going to start ranting about ITAR...

This matters more for milsims, but also for the thought process for what gear you're using and what TTP's you're going to be using/practicing. Most live-fire guys will start to customize their gear as soon as they can, to make it work for them, to fit their role; if you are trying to reinact a specific way, you could be duplicating gear choices without understanding the underlying concept and requirements. Basically, if you are operating under an inappropriate model, you could get zapped. You must think of what you're going to achieve on the field.

Think of it this way. How many snipers would use a ballistic shield? How much ammo should a .mil grunt actually carry, realizing that there is entire infrastucture built around resupply.

Sometimes the choices are made for psychological reasons also. Note the four tourniquets for some PMC's; they did this because they couldnt' guarentee medical evac like .mil would; they are much more likely to end up having to do self-aid (trauma first-aid on yourself); and for psychological reasons (we're prepared as best as we can, I will survive).

SWAT very rarely actually get into a gunfight; bangers preceed the movement and shock and awe are highly successful; they are the initiators most of the time. But, is it really appropriate to attempt to form a stack to breech a house in the middle of a firefight for .mil guys?

So much gear ends up being a comprimise. I personally use a single point sling; I'm moving against the enemy, have my hand on my primary for pretty much the whole game. I've had to hike with it and nutted myself more times than I can count with the AEG flopping around while I had to use both hands to deal with the brush.

This is just to get people thinking so they can make their own choices and realize the fundamentals behind what live-fire guys are doing; and realize that even live-fire guys can get caught up in cool-guy factor or make gear choices innappropriate due to other considerations (like absolutely over-armoring soldiers because of media potrails of the dead being taken off airplanes).

Last edited by Oborous; October 8th, 2009 at 17:32..
Old October 8th, 2009, 17:28   #4
Jimski

my model is Arnold in Commando
Old October 8th, 2009, 17:34   #5
Oborous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
my model is Arnold in Commando
Excellent, at least you didn't say James Bond. How many times do you see James Bond get a gadget, and then there will be a situation that requires that gadget. Seriously, I think Q should have gone gambling because he could see the future.
Old October 8th, 2009, 18:23   #6
Oborous

So, now that you're thinking... you're confused and trying to figure out how to apply some of this.

So, two things here... gear and TTP's.

Gear
Make the gear work for you, for what you need to do.

Do not overload yourself and realize the comprimises you're making.

I use a combination of drop zone shingles and elastic retention for my STANAG mags.

I can easily change my magazine carry capacity due to the elastic retention; it's always there, but doesn't increase my F3 factor if it's empty. So, you're going to play a simple skirmish using highcaps... then just fill the shingles; you're going for a real-cap only game with no-reloading except in spawn and you're playing assualt; then fill up every available spot.

I use drop zone shingles because of that little hook on the front; compared to Tactical Tailor Shingles. The bungee, if retaining the mag, must be moved to the side for the Tactical Tailor pouch; where as the dropzone shingle allows me to bring my hand down, pulling on the tab (and disengaging it from the hook), and then on my upstroke, grab the mag (I use ranger plates, so YMMV). Basically the motion is down then up; where as tactical tailor is down, move band to the side, then grab, then up. More steps.

I use open topped shingles for speed, over more traditional mag pouches; but do own some. I had a period that I was going through brush regularily; so I picked up some Drop Zone Rattle Resistors to replace my SO Tech flapped mag pouch. I use the drop zone rattle resistor for two reasons; single mag retention and no velcro. The rattle resistor has some stiffened seatbelt material in them to keep both mags from rattling against each other (hence the name); but it really helps to keep just one mag in there when you've removed the other. The lack of velcro is huge. Velcro is noisy... you're playing a milsim, your squad gets ambushed, your leader sends you to flank. In the heat of the moment you fired off a fair amount of your real-cap and now you're skulking around to get an angle on the ambushers; open velcro then. You'll hear people say "If you have to reload, that means you've already shot off some ammo, so what does noise matter?", this is probably true, but did you think of all the different scenarios that you might have to be reloading? Try crawling through mud and then seeing how good your velcro works. Or crawl backwards down a hill and see if you don't give away your position by accidentally opening one of your pouches (cheaper chinese knockoffs are worse for this, as they're using crappier velcro).

Disclaimer
I consider Brian, at Drop Zone tactical to be a friend. I have alot of his gear; it is not the end all or be-all, but is very good. His gear has some unique functions that I really like. I own all the gear talked about here, except the tactical tailor shingle, which I have experience with. Basically, this is what I use... think for yourself before buying; I'm probably full of at least 50% bullsh!t on any given day.

TTPs

So, you and a buddy are practicing some CQB breeching. You've read the New York Fire Department breeching manual, realizing that you may not want to stand in front of the doorway when you bust it open; but now you're watching some videos on Youtube.

First you see two guys come around the same corner and raise their weapons, one high, one low to cover the room. Why is this bad? Bad guy zaps the 'high' guy, body now falls on the 'low' guy, making it easier for the bad guy to zap the low guy. The 'high' guy is leaning over the 'low' guy, so is also unbalanced, what's his accuracy going to be like for shooting?

Instead, stand in stance, weapon raise, then lean to the side; your profile is much smaller and your firearm is already up and pointed in.

Why did people do this? It presents two guns at the same time, shock and awe. It doubles your chance of hitting the target if the target then enters the room after you've dominated it with high-low. I'm told (so might be wrong) this was a method for dominating a large hallway or T or X intersection so the rest of the team could move through; just got converted to room-clearing.

So then you see another video; you see a pair of cops entering a centre fed room (i.e. door in the middle of a wall), the rear guy follows the front guy, covering their rear.

Instead, #1 enters and goes right, #2 enters and goes left. Dominate the room, then restack (sorta... you get into a flow) to move on.

Why did they do this? They're cops, looking after a single perp (usually) and are working as a single unit (rather than a team of two units; single unit vs. team have pros/cons, think about it) to find the bad guy. Odds are there isn't automatic weaponry, and then when you encounter the perp, one guy is there to cover him and then other can go for the handcuffs.

Why not? We're playing airsoft or live fire mil, automatic weapons are the norm. Two guys close like that will probably result in two casualities if they're lit up. Splitting up means less chance of both of them going down; might cause your opponant to wait and figure out something else.

Just trying to get you to think of what your choices are...
Old October 9th, 2009, 18:01   #7
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I like what you are writing here.

A lot of people buy gear only based on what they saw on other people and what look good.

I don't know if it's for a lack of funds to have different kits, or just by pure ignorance/vanity, but I see a lot of players using thick plate carrier with double rows of mags, making it impossible to go prone, deploying all this Gucci gear in the woods.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think for wooded environement, military would compromise on armor and maximise light gear in tandem with low profile mag capacity, like a load bearing vest.

My first vest as a noob was a tacvest made for double G36 mags at the front. My first game with it in the wood made me realise that I could no longer go prone with it. The F3 factor was to high. I then moved to an old CF webbing, wich looked like crap, but for the time, it served a purpose: light, confortable and manuverable.

Now I have a custom plate carrier with 4 P90 mags at the front. It's thin enough to go prone and crawl with, but not as confortable as my sniper kit. See pictures below.

The plate carrier is a compromise, as funds get in the way for now. If I where to buy new gear, I'd go with a plate carrier with a modular load bearing vest. That way, I can loose the armor for those special occasions, addapt my carrying capacity and be confortable with a 3rd line gear, like an assault backpack if needed.

Like I said, it's a compromise, as this is normally my CQB setup. The vest is reversible, wich make it all black, with an assorted set of magpouches. The biceps armor are not worn for field use unless it's a CQB or urban environement.

This is what I use when I need to get low. It's the gear worn under by ghillie suit when sniping. The pouches are more the the side and back, allowing for confortable low crawls. The pistol is carried in the under arms holdsers for easy access. All my food, water and other goodies are carried in the bigger pouchs on the back. When under the ghillie, it does not modify my natural profile and it's all covered by the ghillie suit, so I don't need to camo my shit further.

Since most of our milsims don't require more than a small snack and limited water supply, as going back to base is an option, I don't require more capacity in my gear. But I'm planning on expanding my 3rd line gear to an assault backpack, to carry all my ammo, water, food and maybe a spare weapon. That way, if my team follow, we could operate away from base all day and reduce our chances of being engaged in transit.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 14:12   #8
flack

Great post

Thx Oborous
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:59   #9
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
I have two sets of kit, My recce and my heavy kit. I suppose that would fall under your PMC and Recce models.

For PMC, Its Plate Carrier, Shoulder Pauldrons similar to Fox's, As many ammo pouches i can carry, sidearm etc. To what degree my F3 is depends on what role i expect to play.
Its extremely bulky and i tend to avoid anything on my legs, No drop leg etc as its all about upright mobility. Everything is on my Plate carrier. This setup is primarily for CQB and open terrain (Valleys, Urban etc) as its extremely bulky and tends to snag on EVERYTHING when you enter the slightest bit of wooded areas. However, I garuntee I wont run out of ammo anytime soon lol.

For Recce I use a Suspender Molle belt, its great in the sense that i can lie prone as there are no pouches on the front, only on sides and a little on my back. Its VERY light compared to my PMC rig and rarely snags on anything. I can get in and out of very dense forest with minimal noise and disturbance to the brush. However Im unable to bring my hydration sack due to it being a belt, and not a rig so I find myself wishing i had a molle back peice for it. i do however like pauldrons on my recce gear. When your prone, its much easier to get your sidearm, knife or rifle ammo if you have pouches in front of your body , on your shoulders not behind on your back. Rifle pouches work well too.

Fox i tend to agree with most of what you say, but Plate carriers do have their places and roles, Its just a matter of how you play. If you intend on fighting with upward mobility (as in standing or crouching but not prone), Plate carriers are very useful. But yea, they do make your ass stick up like a target if you do go prone. They arnt useful when you play in dense wooded areas. But in trenches and open areas where you expect extended firefights. I would much rather have a helmet and a PC than a light rig lol

Oborous You got most of it bang on.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns

Last edited by DarkAngel; October 12th, 2009 at 13:07..
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 13:23   #10
Donster

My main rig is set up like a rifleman rig. I play the role of DM. So i have 6 mags on my chest. I dont go prone often, but i am able to. I do some stalking and i can also run with a squad to extend its range.

My CQB loadout will be a ranger rack with mags and such on the front.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 13:50   #11
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
O.o I have a C9 pouch and 4 double stacked M4 mag pouches (open topped) on my chestrig and i have zero issues going prone (which i VERY often do) I have a PMC style loadout, MUCHO mags (C9 pouch carries extras) at least that is my usual kit. I find that as long as my F3 is within 3,1/2" I'm 100% ok with anything. Though it's probably just the upside of being a smaller guy, i can run, through thick bush, with my loaded out chest rig, 3rd line pack(hydration bladder +bag of bbs+some jerky), and blastbelt with mag pouches, drop leg mag pouches, drop leg holster medical pack AND dump pouch with absolutely no problems.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:26   #12
TCLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
O.o I have a C9 pouch and 4 double stacked M4 mag pouches (open topped) on my chestrig and i have zero issues going prone (which i VERY often do) I have a PMC style loadout, MUCHO mags (C9 pouch carries extras) at least that is my usual kit. I find that as long as my F3 is within 3,1/2" I'm 100% ok with anything. Though it's probably just the upside of being a smaller guy, i can run, through thick bush, with my loaded out chest rig, 3rd line pack(hydration bladder +bag of bbs+some jerky), and blastbelt with mag pouches, drop leg mag pouches, drop leg holster medical pack AND dump pouch with absolutely no problems.
While I don't carry that much I use a Ciras Land(small) and a 1961a(modded to have front utility pouches removed) at the same time. I find the Ciras distrubutes the weight better than any other rig I have owned. And the 1961 carrys everything but water and extra bb's. But I carry a canteen on my left side and a small molle backpack on the ciras for that stuff.

The 1961 gives me 2 utility pouches, 2 radio pouches, 4 double m4 pouches and 2 grenade pouches. The way the non mag pouches are stacked don't extend farther than the double mag pouches. And I am prone about 10-15% of the time and have no issue going flat. Even though I add about 3.5"-4" to my front I also add another 3.5" to my back if the backpack is filled. But I become very wide about 3.5" on either side.

I also run a dropleg holster (but soon a belt mounted serpa hate droplegs), a double pistol mag pouch and a dump pouch on my first line. its light and I can run fast and I play most of my games in the bush. I also don't find it that hot.

This loadout is also very quiet as there is very little velcro and anything that jingles on my gun or gear has been taped down or removed.
TCLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 14:27   #13
Phil_Black

It’s all about the gear anyways!

I have 2 setup.

1- Intended for CQB / any close battle.
2- Intended for woodland / skirmish

For my setup I usually wear them a lot in the house to see and feel the placement of my pouches and all the gear. I also try to do the entire move you usually do on the field.

First line for CQB

I wear a duty belt with suspenders, dump pouches, drop leg holster, 4 secondary mags.
I always bring the multi tool.

Second line

C.I.R.A.S.
3 X double mag pouche (m4)
Radio pouche in the front.
Utility pouche
4 Pistol mag pouche on the chest.
Light stick
Hydra pack
IBH helmet
Goggle
Mouth piece
Shemag (really protect the face when entering room’s)
Golves

I do not carry a 3 line at all

You usually end up hit really fast in thoses situation.

First line for woodland

My first line is my pants belt. I mount a Blackhawk holster on it, 2 mag pouches and my multitool.

Second line is a molle chest rig.

Current set up is :
4 mag pouches
1 utility pouche
2 pistol mag pouches
Hydra pack
Radio

It’s the way I find the most effective for me. As stated before I’m fast and light while carrying enough ammo to last.

I’m an m4 user so I carry my rifle with a single point sling most of the time. Since I discovered the magpull ms2 sling it’s now my new sling. I really enjoy the 1 point to the 2 point capability.
Phil_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 22:17   #14
Tommygun_ted

I'm in the prossess of choosing my kit, but im having some difficulty figuring out what i really need. i want it too be functional, the only real cosmetic factor for me is color. but i run an M249, so i dont have a need for mag pouches. ive got one mag that holds 2500 BB's. i dont want to spend my money on something useless, and im relatively new to airsoft, and military oriented stuff in general. ergo, not to familliar with different styles of vests and such. obviously, i play the role of a support gunner. now, for first line, basic first aid (just in case, could get a boo boo), my pistol and a few mags, i was thinking three, just in case i need to do some CQB, not too sure what an E&E kit is though? second line, dont really need armor in airsoft i dont think, i want to save as much weight as possible, not sure what long-arm is, i have one 2500 round box mag for my SAW, so i dont need other mags on me, there too expensive for saw mags anyways, and i dont have grenades. and third line would depend on the game, more would be required for longer games i assume? I also want to keep the F3 factor down as low as possible, i like going prone and using the bipod behind logs and other low cover. i guess my question is, whats practical for my set up? im sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but since you were all talking about it already, i thought id ask. and i know its probably a noobish thing to ask. not looking for a spoon feeding, just some tips as to how to make my kit as effective as possible.

right now i basically just run around with my SAW and some green clothes. (Dont even own a sling yet :P)
Tommygun_ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:58   #15
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oborous View Post
So doctrine is to lay down heavy suppresive fire while bounding backwards; this burns a huge amount of ammo... that you have to carry on you. This is why you see guys with 20+ mags, that's all they'll have until they get back to base. Army saw this and then started dictating increased ammo load outs to prevent running empty and to 'keep up with the jone's' (aka PMC's)
I can't speak on the US Military(although I'm sure it's similar to what we did) but Canadians increased their mag loads in 2001/02 when we went into Afghanistan. As it was essentially a tour for Light Infantry/Air Assualt. So humping with everything you need to live an fight with in your LBE an Ruck. An the 10+ mags kept with the Rotos after that.

Also to reinforce what you've said an add on, PMCs aren't generally fighters their job is security. Yes in 2003/04 Iraq they were involved in firefights, but not so much now in 2009 Iraq, etc. As for them carrying 20+ mags, I don't see that as realistic. Maybe 7-10 mags on them and than have a stash of loaded mags in their vehicle(similar to what we do). Their job is to protect pers/buildings, etc so generally if they are travelling in a convoy or whatever their job is to lay down fire an break contact to get whoever they are protecting out of the area. As I only know a limited amount of info on PMCs from reading articles or from forum posters who are PMCs, etc I'll back out of this.

Quote:
Special Forces Model
You're highly trained light infantry. You operate behind lines, doing things that the other models don't do. You're light, you're slick, you rely on mobility, team work, training, and the best (and lightest) gear you can get your hands on. Your restrictions on customization of gear are almost nil; results matter, not how good you look. Guntape, paracord, shockcord are all heavily used; modified gear is prevalent.
The 75th Ranger Regiment is more or less highly trained/Special Operations Light Infantry. SOFCOM guys generally aren't what would normally be classified as "Light Infantry"

Also, as for them being light/slick it all depends on the mission/AO. Guys doing mounted Raids in Iraq would probably be more slick as they may need to chase after Insurgents, climb over walls, etc But for SOF guys operating in the mountains in Afghanistan they would carry more as they have to be self sufficent untill a resup, etc

Quote:
Recce/sniper model
This is the lightest gear load out, with the highest ratio of gear being the 3rd line. You're out in the cold for extended period of time with a very specific mission; you're not trying to stack up enemy private/corporal kills like cordwood. You're using mobility and stealth to your maximum advantage; F3 factor kills here. You have the most unconventional gear out of all; pruning shears are often useful.
Recce an Snipers tend have have the heaviest gear, especially if they are going out on a long dismounted patrol/op.

Also Recce can be used as an offensive unit/QRF aswell as the traditional Recce mission.

An when it comes to operation in an urban enviroment Snipers may very well stack up an clear a building so they can use it as an OP/hide. Also "Sniper Teams/Groups" are getting bigger(mission dependent I would assume) an include a 3rd person who could be armed with a supppressed C9/M249.

Quote:
BTW, I personally disagree with a rifle drag bag. Drag your backpack. A backpack is a high F3 factor on your back; if you're skulking towards an OP in a ghillie suit, adding 16" of backpack makes you that much more un-natural; and you don't have your weapon at hand.
I personally don't know to much/nothing about this, but I would believe this to be more of a personal preference. Also, just because the shooter may be using a drag bag for a sniper rifle he still may have his C8/M4 an pistol on him.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; October 27th, 2009 at 11:04..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures