Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Hi Capa upgrade experience

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 17th, 2006, 15:31   #1
Sciguy

TM Hi Capa upgrade experience

Here is what I've done to my Hi Capa 5.1 thus far and what has happened.

SD aluminum slide
Guarder Stainless outer barrel
PDI 7 inch 6.05 mm barrel set with threaded adapter
PDI long compensator
PDI piston head

Everything went together with no problems and worked fine for 2 mags on propane (great increase in power and accuracy). Then the loading nozzle cracked in half. So now i have the following on order:

SD loading nozzle
SD metal piston head
SD 150% recoil spring and hammer spring

Should this fix my problem or should I get something else (still have time to change my order)?

Thx
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 16:19   #2
Raw Deal

Your metal slide upgrade might be misaligned, thus causing the nozzle to crack.This is why upgrades should be done by a professional gunsmith.If it happens again you will know why.
Gary Paul Johnston: on selecting a new MEU (SOC) 1911 pistol-Whatever happens,there's no doubt that a "few good men" will once again carry the finest combat pistol in the world and we can only pray that a lot of bad men will regret it.

Coyote tan is the new black...
Raw Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:33   #3
Sciguy

After the upgrade everything worked great on HFC and for 2 mags on propane. There was no binding and the slide cycled fast and smooth. Also, the end of the nozzle that enters the chamber showed no sign of wear. I'm guessing that if there was an alignment problem then there would be some wear in that area.
Old July 18th, 2006, 13:04   #4
m27
Banned

I've been using green gas on my hi-capa 4.3" since day one with no problems.

it's interesting how every unit is so different.
m27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 13:05   #5
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by m27
I've been using green gas on my hi-capa 4.3" since day one with no problems.

it's interesting how every unit is so different.
Yeah, especially when you replace everything with aftermarket parts.
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 10:27   #6
Sciguy

So, I finally got the replcement SD loading nozzle installed along with the SD metal piston head. I also added a SD 150% recoil spring (have the 150% hammer spring but see no reason to install it yet).

Well, in taking the original broken loading nozzle apart to get the valve spring (Part 21) and small screw (Part 19) to use with the SD nozzle (the SD nozzle does not come with these two very important parts), I lost the little screw. So I used a small eyeglass screw and ground it down a little and it works great.

After getting everything together, I tested it with propane and the first 2 shots perfect, then it stopped shooting. The slide cycled fine but no BBs. Took it apart again and discovered that the lip of the SD nozzle valve (Part 22) is to small and the valve was getting stuck completely forward keeping the gas from firing the BB. So I replaced the SD valvle with the original valve (never throw away anything, even when it is broken) and now everything works fine.

I know there are different experiences using a 150% recoil spring, but with my setup it makes a huge difference. With the original spring the slide was blowing back really hard and far on propane and causing a little problem with the slide and outer barrel rubbing in areas that they shouldn't. The 150% spring fixes this and the slide still cycles far enough to easily engage the slide lock.

So I now have now tested it with 3 mags of BBs all on propane and everything is working great. It fires hard and accurate. The last mag I shot as fast as I could and there were no problems. No cool down (of course it was 85F) and very quick slide cycling.

Here is a summary of my current setup:

--TM Hi Capa 5.1
--SD loading nozzle (Part 20) using the TM valve spring (Part 21), TM valve (part 55),
and a modified eyeglass screw to replace a lost Part 19
--SD metal piston head (Part 12,13, & 14)
--SD nozzle return spring (Part 17), the original spring was detroyed when the original
loading nozzle broke
--SD aluminum slide
--Guarder stainless outer barrel
--PDI 7 inch, 6.05mm inner barrel with adapter
--PDI long compensator
--King Arms multi reticle sight red dot sight

I'll update this as I add new parts (if I add new parts) and after I get a couple thousands rounds thru it (should take a few days)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications