Verification notice.

:

ASC News and Announcements

Old January 23rd, 2009, 20:57   #31
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
ok... but i think the custom title ypou give to him are not a proof of profesionalism ....
Fox didn't give him the user title, only the highest echelon of staff can do that.

It was also well earned, and probably one of the nicer ones.

As for professionalism, everyone on staff volunteers their time and effort; the site is available to all, free of charge, and no one is forcing anyone to be here if they don't like it. There's tons of other airsoft forums around.
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:08   #32
Ponche

well i think if there are some people that are old enough,should have a chance to reverify themself and not be totally banned.i don't think it would be fiar to the ones that are old enough to be totally banned,they should be reverified is.
Ponche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:10   #33
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponche View Post
well i think if there are some people that are old enough,should have a chance to reverify themself and not be totally banned.i don't think it would be fiar to the ones that are old enough to be totally banned,they should be reverified is.
I think you missed the jist of this thread. No one is banned, and no one lost their AV status except the 2 members involved. Perhaps you should reread the thread completely to see what's going on.
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:46   #34
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Just so we are clear, I do not have special moderator power or anything. I'm just an ASC emissary. I'm not part of the staff.

So I can't brand people with special names or atributes.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:52   #35
BloodSport
Traveling Man

If you are referring to the "banned from the classifieds" or "no longer an age verifier" titles. Those are a part of the public information service provided. Considering if someone does not look frequently at the tags, they may forget that said person is no longer age verified or a verifier and enter into negoriations that are against forum rules unknowingly.

Don't like it, meh its not your house you are trying to keep clean.

As for second chances, some people have been given second chances more then once and blown it. Unfortunately when this happens as much as it has then those people ruin second chances for everyone else. This is the same everywhere, not just on the internet but in real life.
Old January 24th, 2009, 13:56   #36
Scooby Steve

I think he means Ronan's "crybaby" tag.
Scooby Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 16:50   #37
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Well some of them are just down right suitable and may not make sense to the general public.
Old January 24th, 2009, 17:16   #38
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Steve View Post
I think he means Ronan's "crybaby" tag.
But if we had to remove everyone's tag and keep only one, that's the one I'd keep, cuz it's the most valid of them all :P
Old April 5th, 2009, 02:40   #39
Huron
GabeGuitarded

I think what Shadow should have done if he wanted to rejoin the community would have been to send one of the mods an email asking for permission to do so, rather than shadily making an account and getting re-verified. That's personally what I would have done if that were my situation. An apology in the email would probably have been good too.

However, the correct way to deal with that kind of a situation is not really discussed much on the forum, and left mostly to the user's own deduction. A stickied thread on what to do if you have been removed for whatever reason and want a second chance could be a good idea (this is a suggestion, not a criticism). On the other hand, if step-by-step instructions to rejoin ASC after removal were so readily available, a user could feign solemnity just to get access to the classifieds (or whatever they want) again.

I didn't really think ahead, and I am left with nothing to conclude this post with... I guess just be open, honest, and respectful to everyone at all times? Anyways let's let this thread die, this thing is pretty much done.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements