Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: Emerson Fast Helmet (PJ style) Multicam

:

Reviews

Old August 13th, 2014, 12:38   #1
brock0

Review: Emerson Fast Helmet (PJ style) Multicam

Although a "budget" option at $70, I'm overall quite pleased with the Emerson Fast helmet.

I got the "advanced" version with the click knob for size adjustment (apparently there is a basic version that lacks this feature). The adjustment knob clicks positively and works well. The chin straps are all adjustable and hold adjustment.

This helmet fits me perfectly, although if my head were any bigger it would have been a tight squeeze. I wear a 7 3/8" fitted ball cap for reference. The included padding is by no means of super high quality, but it's been comfortable enough for 4-5 hours continuous use.

It comes with some tan accessories like an NVG mount base (would not use for real NVG), picatinny rail sections, and a number of different sized clips for goggle straps. These seem fairly cheap, but would probably work fine. Both the ARC rail and 2 small QD clips integrated into the rails are painted multicam, which I find to be a nice touch. The rail tolerance isn't up to spec - it was a tight squeeze getting my Smith Optics bungee adapters in place but a little silicone oil helped there.

Using said bungee adapters, I've attached my Smith OTW Turbofan goggles directly to the helmet and had no trouble attaching a mesh lower face mask using the ARC rail QD clips and some cannibalized elastic straps from an old pair of safety goggles. My extremely cheap Z-Tac TEA Cobra headset clips on nicely as well. Strapping these accessories directly to the helmet is just so much more comfortable than strapping it to your head directly or over/under a hat.

The velcro on the helmet is nicely distributed and firmly secured. The multicam paintjob is also good but is not at all durable and will pick up scuffs easily. I did have some paint damage around the top of the NVG mount but barely noticeable.

I'd call it a solid purchase, especially as a first helmet and if you wear goggles, and a mask, and communications.

brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 16:26   #2
Ron-E
reneorantes

Great review, now I need to have one.
Ron-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2014, 17:29   #3
Rossco66

Can't wait to see it Benny boy. You look badass (as far as Airsoft goes that is). You don't wear Multicam though so why get that paint scheme?
Old August 13th, 2014, 18:15   #4
brock0

Well I got some other multicam stuff too
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews