tm vsr clone not able to cock

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 1st, 2008, 22:19   #1
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
tm vsr clone not able to cock

When i pull back the cylinder on my vsr clone.....it clicks & locks, but upon trying to return the cylinder forward it suddenly unlocks and snaps forward...

I've taken apart the gun numberious times and cant seem to find anything broken?

help? :???:

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:12   #2
Greylocks

Sounds like a worn sear. Has it been modified? Check the sear spring, and the sear itself.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 19:21   #3
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

The sear spring & sear look intact based on this takedown guide. (http://www.tnairsoft.com/forum/viewt...9f620513d3838f)

I dont think the gun has been modded yet.

"bean" where are you when i need you!!!!

Old January 2nd, 2008, 20:19   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
TM VSR design has a flaw in the sear design. Even with moderate upgrades (to 400fps) and an aftermarket sear, the sear still breaks causing repeated frustration and downtime (found out about the sear issue from Quantis, he put amoderate spring in his and went through two sets of aftermarket sears until he spent the $200 or so on a Zero Trigger unit and piston, then his gun was reliable.

While I see a lot of people upgrading the VSR and getting great results, it's one gun I can't recommend to anyone due to the expense of replacement parts and/or reliable parts to get the gun working well every time. In a similar breath, I have to caution people from the CA M24 as well, simply because of the fact threads strip out of the receiver from the body screws when overtightened too often, and not everyone has access to a machinist to install Heli-Coils. After that the CA M-24 is a peice of cake to upgrade, even with basic parts, and is hard core reliable, even if flaky on the consistancy side. Maruzen APS-2 is probably the easiest new player's gun due to design and parts available (CA M-24 uses APS2........ PSS2..... parts internally of the cylinder, and AEG parts for barrel and hop up rubber), so it's what I tend to recommend to those wanting a good sniper rifle with lttle spent on upgrades (CA M-24 has it hands down for cheapest relability though).

FYI, the last paragraph was just for the record.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:39   #5
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

So a zero trigger is the only real fix?

I dont intend on upgrading mine too much, maybe a 350fps spring at the very most.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 23:04   #6
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Sorry for the delay. But I am here. The clone vsr's all have upgraded springs in them. The sears in the clones are of even lower strength then the tm ones. This causes a premature wearing in the sear the holds the bolt in the locked position. This combine with a lack of bearing spring guide causes the mild jolt the spring gets upon returning the bolt handle to cause the lip of the piston to hop of the already warn down track.
If you plan to stay in that power range I would just suggest getting a stock tm trigger box. Contact jafa he should be able to get one or ask around the boards. The only other thing that can be done is permanent but you can file down the area the trigger box screws into to make the meatier section of the sear that grabs the piston lip get a better and more secure attachment. This is a do at your own risk sort of thing and I do not recommend it.
I'm not fully versed on the clones but I do remember that they have fitment issues with the zero trigger due to a variance in the receiver wall thickness.
I must apologize about a lack of pictures for my vsr thread. My craptop which currently houses all the pictures is without a power cable. The shitty one that acer gave me burned out after two years of use. I just haven't had the money to get one. I had the idea of trying my friends toshiba one but it did not fit sadly. I should have a new power adapter within a month or two.
I am fairly sure I can talk you through whatever problems you may encounter however.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:14   #7
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Is it possible to file down my existing trigger sear making a shaper edge...hopfully resulting in a harder trigger pull & tighter sear?

Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:17   #8
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
not really sure. I bought a zero trigger.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:02   #9
Mysteryfish

I have a VSR clone. UHC I believe.

It should suffice to say that the internals are damn sloppy. I had the exact same issue as you. I solved it the first time by taking the gun apart and tightening everything. The problem reoccurred shortly after again.

I just went ahead and replaced all the internals with stock TM internals, and it's a damn sight better now. The gun is quieter and the action is much smoother. The sear also catches reliably.

Side by side comparison rates the tolerances and workmanship of the clone internals as 'pure shit', and if I could go back in time and recommend to myself to NEVER BUY ONE, I clearly would.

The VSRs are awesome, but the clones are junk, inside and out.

For your own peace of mind, just replace the insides with stock Marui, and maybe buy an upgraded sear if you're going to boost the power.
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:57   #10
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

JG BAR-10 (vsr clone) is the only clone to get. Works just as well as the TM one. I dished out for a zero trigger, tightbore, silencer (to cover the tightbore) and a new hopup (and spring duh). Shoots 455fps, straight as a bullet. The finish of the stock is actually much nicer than the TM one, overall if your doing to upgrade it, get a JG clone, at the end you will end up with a cheaper sniper that feels nicer (love that freaking finish JG has on their VSR).

To compare: My friend's modified CA M24 was actually doing poorer compare to my VSR, and he has over $1000 invested in it. I won't name him, b/c that would bring shame to his M24^^

Everything would have been even cheaper if i could have simply gotten a stock + barrel, and i would have bought the rest of the parts.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:35   #11
Berkut
PinkEagle

Pictures

If somebody is willing to host, I got 100+ pictorial on how to upgrade VSRs based on bean's guide...

Imageshack is not my friend lately for some reason.

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:55   #12
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

problem solved, tightened the trigger against the barrel.

Havnt had a problem since

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner