Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review: Jing Gong G36C

:

Reviews

Old July 19th, 2008, 08:41   #106
maporms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
If i get the The Jg's I'm gettting either the M4 M16 AK or G36c not sure wich to get thought
So what did you got Sir KoolAidMan? Hope its a G36c. Because its has a version 3 gearbox.

Version 2's are a pain in the ass to smith as per my guntech friend. And a stock JG version 3 gearbox can be at par, if not outperform a reinforced Version 2 gearbox. My friend's AK Spetsnaz ran on a stock JG Version 3 gearbox using an m150 spring paired with Guarder Infinite Gears (or CA STU Gears, not sure). Other than the torn stock piston body, it has been running for months now with no gearbox issues.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:50   #107
baron

Spring head and batteries

Here in America, we have a metal spring head: http://www.airsoftpost.com/reinforce...s-p-26050.html It seems to be universal, but I'm not sure as I don't have the gun yet (got a bad gas gun that broke, had to send it back). Also, will any small type battery work?
baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 07:52   #108
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron View Post
Here in America, we have a metal spring head: http://www.airsoftpost.com/reinforce...s-p-26050.html It seems to be universal, but I'm not sure as I don't have the gun yet (got a bad gas gun that broke, had to send it back). Also, will any small type battery work?
That's called a spring guide. For a moment I thought you meant a piston head. Also that's for an ICS mechbox, not sure if it will work in a standard V3, though it says it will and it looks the same. Do yourself a favour and just get a guarder bearing spring guide.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 23:11   #109
Bails20

Thumbs up Purchased

Hey nice review, I'll keep that in mind hopefully when I get mine. Where did you purchase that G36 from, because I'm looking into purchasing one in the next couple of weeks. I was checking out the Canadian border policy they said the airsoft guns have to be clear or transparent, which I was looking at this gun from a few shops down in Cali, Usa.
Bails20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 23:49   #110
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails20 View Post
Hey nice review, I'll keep that in mind hopefully when I get mine. Where did you purchase that G36 from, because I'm looking into purchasing one in the next couple of weeks. I was checking out the Canadian border policy they said the airsoft guns have to be clear or transparent, which I was looking at this gun from a few shops down in Cali, Usa.
Check the FAQ and read up on age verifacation, then you can get one in country. As far as I know, nobody makes a clear-reciever G36 (at least not one worth owning).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:09   #111
Tugg

i would like to know (may be a wierd question) how wide is the top rail? I have recently bought a red dot scope only to find it doesnt fit on my brothers gun which has a rail width of about 2mm. any info is greatly appreciated!
Tugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:13   #112
kalnaren

The G36 rail is standard 20mm wide. What red dot sight did you get?

Quote:
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:19   #113
Tugg

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...001000_425-1-3
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:21   #114
kalnaren

Looks like a standard Tasco red dot.. should fit fine on a G36. Make sure the two pieces that tighten against the rail are turned the right way.

Quote:
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:23   #115
Tugg

and if its not? is there longer srews or something i can use?
Old April 3rd, 2009, 17:47   #116
kalnaren

What model G36 does your brother have?

Quote:
Old April 3rd, 2009, 18:49   #117
Tugg

He doesn't have a g36 he's got a tactical force tf 16 from bass pro. I know it's not the same gun but like I said it has a 2mm rail.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 20:06   #118
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugg View Post
He doesn't have a g36 he's got a tactical force tf 16 from bass pro. I know it's not the same gun but like I said it has a 2mm rail.
A 2mm rail? You mean a 20mm rail?

And if it's Tactical Force, I'm willing to bet that it's made to really crappy standards. That red dot sight you linked to will fit on a standard 20mm rail, which the JG36 has. I have essentially the same sight and it fits fine on my CA36.

Quote:

Last edited by kalnaren; April 3rd, 2009 at 20:14..
Old April 3rd, 2009, 20:32   #119
Tugg

ya sorry 20mm (i was thinkin 2cm) so does that mean tatical force isnt that great?
Old April 3rd, 2009, 20:46   #120
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugg View Post
ya sorry 20mm (i was thinkin 2cm) so does that mean tatical force isnt that great?
Tactical Force is about as low as you can go and still call it an airsoft gun. Actually, I'd class almost all of their stuff as crapsoft.

Good airsoft guns in Canada start around $350 and go up from there. Airsoft is one of those things where cost usually is a good indication of quality.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews