Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 10th, 2015, 15:55   #946
e-luder

modify your firing pin, im guessing.
Like the hi capa ones, those SD firing pins tend to be a bit long....

It might not totally fix the issue, but it might help the firing pin slip behind the blowoff valve easier. thus, gain space to gather a bit more velocity for the strike.

Be very careful though of how much you shave off. too much and the firing pin will be useless.

there are other things you can do to that firing pin but it's a precision modification so im hesitant to tell you.

but for now, try the sanding the strikeface of the firing pin. might help...
Old July 10th, 2015, 16:03   #947
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Ive already filed down the strike face slightly as it was sticking on reload and jamming up.

It works perfectly fine indoors, but when it gets hot outside....I get light strikes till I bleed propane from the mags >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 22:29   #948
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Ive already filed down the strike face slightly as it was sticking on reload and jamming up.

It works perfectly fine indoors, but when it gets hot outside....I get light strikes till I bleed propane from the mags >.>
I dunno I really have to see what's going on internally.

I'd say to re-install everything piece by piece and see if it yields different results but at this point that might be useless.

At least now you know the limitations of your gun. It might just be a magazine thing.

Send it to Turok_T or something. He lives in your backyard and is pretty good with Glocks...
Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:44   #949
daishi

Okay, well I got some of the guarder high output valves. SUPPOSEDLY you gain 20 or so fps using them. Originally on .20s I was shooting about 320. With these valves im shooting 325.

So yah.... I dont think the 5fps increase is worth that, altho I do feel like these valves are SIGNIFICANTLY less rigid then the stock ones, so they might help me with the light strike issue. If that's the case then they were.

Not sure the next time Ill get to test that.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old July 25th, 2015, 04:52   #950
Amoki

Getting the dread TM trigger bar bent issue. Put in a Guarder Trigger bar - now my trigger does not reset properly. (The Guarder trigger bar seems to jam up and doesn't come down properly every time the trigger is pulled.

Suggestion gents?
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 05:12   #951
emp3ror86

My TM G17 with the following parts:

Guarder 2013 ver. OD frame - good product, installation was mod free and could took even CO2 use. However, the thread of the screw that secures the hammer housing stripped at the first installation. But the screw stays in place ever since then.

Guarder polymer/plastic magazine catch - I bought a standard one as a replacement however it seems to be an extedened one nevertheless. Does what a mag catch needs to do. It took almost 3 years for the stock one to wear out, I am curious about how the Guarder one will perform.

Guarder 150% hammer spring - So far so good.

Action 8mm hammer ball bearing - It has been in use for 3 years, no problem with it.

Guns Modify extended slide catch - had to bend it a bit to make it work perfectly.

Guns Modify extended take down lever - works, nothing much to say about it.

Guns Modify SAI adjustable trigger (ver 3) - I had to buy a new set of hex screws for installing it, works fine.
Guns Modify serial plate

Shooters Association 200% trigger spring - Not easy to install, but works fine so far.

Rest is stock.

PGC/Pro-win aluminium slide and outer barrel - there was some sanding included to make it slide as smooth as possible but works fine ever since then. My only problem is the paint coming off.

Guarder night sights - Temporary replacement untill I get to hunt down a GM one with real tritium inserts. I also tried to 5KU one but that one does not even fit without filing.

Guns Modify nozzle - first batch broke on the 3rd shot, GM replaced it for free with 2 nozzles and I have been using those ever since.

Nozzle internals - Guns Modify, too.

PDI piston head (winter type) - Made the gun ridiculously gas efficient.

Nozzle return spring - I think it is SA 200% one, I tried many different brands when I tried to convert the gun to CO2 use.

AIP hopup - Sadly the stock one broke so I had to get a new one. I was really afraid of this item but to my surprise, it is a really good product. Drop-in installation.

Stark Arms hop arm - stock one was bent and I could not fix it. This one works much better.

Maple Leaf hop adjuster wheel - allos a wider range of hopup adjustment

Shooter's Design recoil rod - the multi piece one. During the CO2 project I tried I think almost all kinds of recoil springs I could: Guarder, Stark Arms, APS, Shooters Association, etc. Currently running a Stark one, not that great so I plan to replace it with a Shooter's Design one. I hear their springs are the best.

Feel free to ask.

emp3ror86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2015, 20:29   #952
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Okay, well I got some of the guarder high output valves. SUPPOSEDLY you gain 20 or so fps using them. Originally on .20s I was shooting about 320. With these valves im shooting 325.

So yah.... I dont think the 5fps increase is worth that, altho I do feel like these valves are SIGNIFICANTLY less rigid then the stock ones, so they might help me with the light strike issue. If that's the case then they were.

Not sure the next time Ill get to test that.
When I test blowoff valves, I test them against Tokyo Marui components. The only that I change when I do this test is the hammer spring and of course the blowoff valve.

My Marui gun reads (normally) around 290-305 FPS (ish) with .20g BB Bastards and propane. When the Guarder valve is installed, the FPS jumped to around 320-330 FPS (ish). I remember this test because I was surprised at how well that Guarder valve worked. I hate Guarder. lol.

Also, putting an enhanced blowoff valve won't get rid of your lightstriking issue. In fact, it will worsen it. High output blowoff valves are harder to crack open that the standard Marui valve...
Old July 26th, 2015, 20:36   #953
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoki View Post
Getting the dread TM trigger bar bent issue. Put in a Guarder Trigger bar - now my trigger does not reset properly. (The Guarder trigger bar seems to jam up and doesn't come down properly every time the trigger is pulled.

Suggestion gents?
Have to see your gun.

But I generally make the contact point between the hammer housing and trigger bar smoother.

The part that sticks out of the hammer housing I mean. See pic..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1650.JPG (1.22 MB, 31 views)
Old August 10th, 2015, 00:06   #954
jw4563

So on some of my shots (mainly when gas pressure is high) my hammer fails to lock back and I basically get a dead trigger and have to manually rack the slight to reset it. Any ideas?
Trigger Bar: Gunsmodify (the one that came with the costa kit)
Hammer: Gunsmodify (the older one that came with the costa kit)
Valve Knocker: Marui
Hammer Spring: Gunsmodify
Sear: Gunsmodify
Sear/Valve Knocker Spring: Marui
BBU: Gunsmodify (its a 17/18 hybrid version that came with the costa kit)

Other minor issues: I get a huge puff of gas in my face sometimes when I shoot when gas pressure is high. This normal?
jw4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 16:31   #955
CHEWR

great read
CHEWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 23:36   #956
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Just curious, what's the highest consistent FPS anyone's gotten out of one of these? I'm sitting at 350 at the moment on green gas, but I'd like to see if anyone has done better.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2015, 17:23   #957
daishi

Can anyone help me find a longer inner barrel for my tm g17? I am planning to mount it inside a roni kit, so the longer barrel make sense to improve fps and such.

Im currently running a Tanio Koba hop twist, was wondering what my options where for a longer one tho.
Quote:
Old October 13th, 2015, 10:45   #958
PewPewPew

Bought a PGC G17 (Outer barrel and slide) for my glock G17 TM, but after i installed it it didnt feed propperly anymore. it looks like the slide doesnt go far enough backwards.
It still shoots after it slides back but no BB inside to fire. if i pull the slide manualy backwards it works just fine.
the glock is like 3 months old and all stock, i bought a guarder 150% spring guide and installed it. (Not the hammer spring tho).
It just seems like it doesnt have enough power to slide far enough backwards to feed a BB in the chamber.
installed back to the plastic slide and it shoots just fine.

And also nice guide ;D

what could it be?

Kind Rergards
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 11:36   #959
daishi

Probably the hammer spring you didn't install for some weird reason..................

Quote:
Old October 13th, 2015, 15:12   #960
PewPewPew

Installed the hammer spring, shoots 1 bb than another 1 bb than same issue as before.
So it helped 100% but not enough yet.
Guess it still needs more power, (Using btw Nurpol 3.0 Greengas).
On the plastic slide it still works every shot .

:x
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications