Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

75$ Acog?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 29th, 2005, 11:37   #76
spleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69
The "co-sight" method is an incorrect way to use a RDS. However, this is airsoft, not the real deal, so it's permitted.

(FYI the real Aimpoint is pretty much always set to below max brightness, even in daytime, it's just too bright from what I'm hearing.)
My real Aimpoint is not too bright on max. On a bright day in the open, you really need it.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
George W. Bush (1946 - Present)

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchervano View Post
Oh wow, im speechless. Crowbars and shovels... back to lurking then.
spleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:52   #77
Maelstrom

If i remember correctly cantilever's line up on a flat top receiver, ARMS throw lever has spacers so it will line up on either a flat top or SIR. I think your standard L mount lines up on a SIR too
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:54   #78
firemachine69

The fruits on Lightfighter must be on something then. :lol:

The whole point to an RDS is so that you DON'T need the iron sights. I've used these exclusively for telescopes for the past seven years. Obviously, some people don't use these enough. Think about it. If you're going to block your red dot with an iron post, what's the purpose of even having one?

That being said, you *can* do it, however, it serves no purpose. Well, not quite true, iron sights can be used with the Aimpoint to zero it without having to take a shot (here we're assuming you're iron sights were already aligned).

IMO best setup:

Flip-down iron sights, with an Aimpoint.

If you'd like a quick spin on the Aimpoint setup:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._72407708/pg_1

I'll eventually have to get one of these. Dam cool toys if you ask me. :nod:
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 13:32   #79
spleen

It also has the added advantage of giving you an instant backup sight if your RDS goes down. Dot goes out, you just line up the sights. No need to pull off your RDS, or flip anything up. If the dot went out while you were aiming, you probably wouldn't even lose your shot..

When the dot is working, you don't look at the dot or the sight posts, right, you're looking at your target anyway - so the posts pretty much don't register on the brain even. I certainly never notice them getting in my way.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Quote:
Old September 29th, 2005, 14:05   #80
ert

A lot of people don't line up the dot with their sight, but rather have the dot above the sights with the sights just visible in the lower 1/4 of the aimpoint. The reson being that if your sights line up with the dot, then the sights themselves obstruct the view around the dot and the reson for having just the dot is for faster aquisiton. If you can't see whats around the dot, it makes aquisition slower, hence, there's no real advantage except in low light conditions. With the iron sights in the lower portion, you still have buis that don't require any work to use(ie flipping up the sights themselves or removing the rds), and you still have a relatively clear viewable area around the dot itself.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 14:09   #81
firemachine69

That's another good way. But steel-dot-steel = no... What's the point? You're eliminating the purpose of having a single dot for fast target acquisition...
Old September 29th, 2005, 14:12   #82
spleen

It's true, my irons are only part way into the field of view of the Aimpoint. I guess they might obstruct more if they were dead center.

Quote:
Old September 29th, 2005, 14:20   #83
firemachine69

I think we just mis-understood each other... I thought people were putting steel-dot-steel one-over the other. That's what I meant in being purposeless.
Old October 4th, 2005, 17:08   #84
Jhay-Ar

update for everyone wondering if tac light handguards from this store will make it through canada customs, THEY MAKE IT THROUGH!

just got my G&P m500 and mp5 tac light handguard,they both made it no problems.also shipping was quick,not even 1 week from HK to here.

products were packaged in the "pop plastic stuff"..lost the words for it...so they made it great,brand new as stated.products themselves are excellent.m500 fits my ics m4 with minor drilling on the front handguard cap that came with package.mp5 handguard fits like it was made for the gun( well it was but you know what a mean *nudge nudge*)..no tweaking.

one last thing,i baught these two at the same time,but i only paid shipping on the one with more expensive shipping...i think.so i saved around 15-20$ on shipping...plus the items themselves are already at an excellent price,far less that you will find in the canadian retailers.

sooo...everyone go buy now now nowWWWW!!!!
Old October 4th, 2005, 17:16   #85
bundun

Send a message via MSN to bundun
i ordered an aimpoint and sig mounting rail on sept 18...it said it left HK on sept 23...and it's still not here yet
bundun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 17:22   #86
Jhay-Ar

uhmm im stupid i replied to a different post.ingore this comment.

-Jr
Old October 4th, 2005, 19:00   #87
Xepharo

-_-

all those stuff u two ordered will get through eventually, so don't worry about it. They don't seem to be a big deal. I ordered mags, RIS... etc before...
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 20:15   #88
JamesBond_007

Send a message via MSN to JamesBond_007
Thanks for the update on the handguards! Glad to hear they made it through.

Old Buy/Sell Ratings
JamesBond_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 23:02   #89
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

I've just placed a large purchase for some fun hardware through them. Glad to see that I helped some people find a good deal.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 23:15   #90
dman

I was a bit choked that he would only allow me to buy two items. It was because of his ebay policy with people under rating of 5 (I had 4). Other than that, great guy, very fast communications, and because he is in the US, understanding him isn't hard at all. Note, items are shipped from Hong Kong, but the person who runs the store is in the US.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion