Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 23rd, 2014, 00:32   #766
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
soooo...I just upgraded the sh*t out of my glock (please don't remind me how much it cost. please. ;_; )

has anybody noticed the blowback is quite...weak? compared to my hicapa, 1911 and 226, the thing barely jumps the sights at all whereas I actually have to re-aim with the others.

also I seem to be light striking for the first few shots every mag. it has a guarder hammer spring but is still quite inconsistent. chrono says 210-230 and I have to manually cycle the slide to load a round for a few shots before it decides to start self-loading and gets to about 280.
What's inside your gun????? O_0

Weak blowback usually means that the piston head can't seal properly.
Piston heads are almost the culprit to weak strokes most of the time....

Your light strikes...

It could be that the firing pin can not engage the valve properly.

Or if you were in my shoes just now as I try and fix this guy's gun, the valve is actually faulty. Usually, needs a bit of lube to the valve to make sure it can fluently move.

But my guess is that the actual hammer spring is not strong enough to open the valve. I suggest you switch the hammer spring to a Shooter's Design one. They're pretty good and is probably my number choice as far as hammer spring goes.

This will cause you to have weak blowback as well considering there won't be enough air to push the push backwards.

If you want a really strong felt recoil, revert your recoil spring back to stock. THis will give the slide less resistance during the rear stroke and a higher recoil velocity....

weak recoil spring + heavy slide = stronger felt recoil

I dunno. I'm just maing guesses. I don't have your gun in front of me to fool around with. Sorry mate. I hope this offers some sort help for you...
Old March 23rd, 2014, 01:38   #767
wind_comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
What's inside your gun????? O_0
well...it started off small...then things just kept appearing in my shopping cart and...umm...I bought them...it seems to have ended up as on par (cost & parts wise) with one of your full builds. at this point it might actually be more expensive than my primary rifle.

Quote:
Weak blowback usually means that the piston head can't seal properly.
Piston heads are almost the culprit to weak strokes most of the time....

Your light strikes...

It could be that the firing pin can not engage the valve properly.

Or if you were in my shoes just now as I try and fix this guy's gun, the valve is actually faulty. Usually, needs a bit of lube to the valve to make sure it can fluently move.

But my guess is that the actual hammer spring is not strong enough to open the valve. I suggest you switch the hammer spring to a Shooter's Design one. They're pretty good and is probably my number choice as far as hammer spring goes.

This will cause you to have weak blowback as well considering there won't be enough air to push the push backwards.

If you want a really strong felt recoil, revert your recoil spring back to stock. THis will give the slide less resistance during the rear stroke and a higher recoil velocity....

weak recoil spring + heavy slide = stronger felt recoil

I dunno. I'm just maing guesses. I don't have your gun in front of me to fool around with. Sorry mate. I hope this offers some sort help for you...
the stock recoil spring was the first thing I tried. it actually cycles the slide well (which makes me feel a turd for buying an upgraded one).

I think you might have actually been onto something with the valves. the mags are brand spanking new and working them a bit they've gone from half a mag of short cycling to just the first two or three shots. they still seem a bit sticky so I'll keep working them when I get some time.

tried a bunch of different piston heads and (given that they were all discarded to begin with) the one I was using seems to be the best. its the Airsoft Surgeon one that comes with the nozzle (and looks suspiciously like a PDI head). discovered that the nozzle doesn't quite move smoothly in the BBU so I lubed it a little and it the kick seems to be a tiny bit better. it's still nowhere even close to my other pistols though, which worries me. (unless it's supposed to be like that and I'm just totally unfamiliar with the platform...which is a distinct possibility)

I really hope its not the hammer spring because a: I used an "upgrade" one and b: F*CK THAT HAMMER ASSEMBLY. my thumbs still hurt =( I really don't want to take it apart if I don't have to. all the bits in the hammer might still need time to break in a bit more, it's still quite rough.

if it doesn't get any better I'll try a different hammer spring...if I have to..I guess. >_>
Old March 23rd, 2014, 02:22   #768
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
well...it started off small...then things just kept appearing in my shopping cart and...umm...I bought them...it seems to have ended up as on par (cost & parts wise) with one of your full builds. at this point it might actually be more expensive than my primary rifle.

the stock recoil spring was the first thing I tried. it actually cycles the slide well (which makes me feel a turd for buying an upgraded one).

I think you might have actually been onto something with the valves. the mags are brand spanking new and working them a bit they've gone from half a mag of short cycling to just the first two or three shots. they still seem a bit sticky so I'll keep working them when I get some time.

tried a bunch of different piston heads and (given that they were all discarded to begin with) the one I was using seems to be the best. its the Airsoft Surgeon one that comes with the nozzle (and looks suspiciously like a PDI head). discovered that the nozzle doesn't quite move smoothly in the BBU so I lubed it a little and it the kick seems to be a tiny bit better. it's still nowhere even close to my other pistols though, which worries me. (unless it's supposed to be like that and I'm just totally unfamiliar with the platform...which is a distinct possibility)

I really hope its not the hammer spring because a: I used an "upgrade" one and b: F*CK THAT HAMMER ASSEMBLY. my thumbs still hurt =( I really don't want to take it apart if I don't have to. all the bits in the hammer might still need time to break in a bit more, it's still quite rough.

if it doesn't get any better I'll try a different hammer spring...if I have to..I guess. >_>
It's just speculation.
THe valve might not be the issue at all.

One simple test you can do is to NOT tighten the valve all the way and make it sit a bit higher than it should. If it works on the first shot, then you found the problem. THen you can buy a modular valve like the KM Ones.

Also, make sure that the firing pin can fully retract. otherwise, it wont have the clearance it needs to line up with the strike face of the valve.

Your piston head should be good. Shim the o-ring mount with duct tape to increase the seal. Aslong as it doesnt obstruct the loading
muzzle, your ok.

Worse comes to worst, send it to your local gun doc. They'll have a better understanding of what is happening than me...

Last edited by e-luder; March 23rd, 2014 at 02:59..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2014, 19:48   #769
wind_comm

well, guess what...it was the hammer spring. *facedesk* it's quite likely that I may have mixed them up when I was building it the first time (as much as I tried to avoid it)

I think the valves are just a little sticky from being new, they're moving smoothly now but didn't see any improvement till I changed the hammer spring.

tinkered a bit with the piston head and BBU, but can't get it to improve at all. the blowback is much stronger now (and not light striking) but it's still not quite at the same level as my hicapa. I could just be whining though.

Quote:
Worse comes to worst, send it to your local gun doc. They'll have a better understanding of what is happening than me...
but but but...I am a gun doc... ;_; j/k, I know when I'm out of my depth to go to the sifu on the subject, and I am rewarded with by a functional build. thanks =D
Old March 30th, 2014, 01:03   #770
jjkfeng

Hey guys, so...uh, I lost the nozzle spring guide (the little black plastic plug for the spring). The spring popped out during a shot and launched the thing into infinite and beyond.

And can anyone shine light on why the nozzle spring pops out?

Is a replacement necessary? I mean the gun still works..Thanks all!
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 14:07   #771
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkfeng View Post
Hey guys, so...uh, I lost the nozzle spring guide (the little black plastic plug for the spring). The spring popped out during a shot and launched the thing into infinite and beyond.

And can anyone shine light on why the nozzle spring pops out?

Is a replacement necessary? I mean the gun still works..Thanks all!
Im proper installation or modification to the spring guide can cause it to slope downwards beneath the extractor. Thus, it has the potential to shoot out if it's too short or if the spring guide is not sitting BEHIND the extractor.

The only way for your spring to pop out is if the spring is too long and if you have the BBU out of the slide or is you just didn't install the spring correctly along with the spring guide.

The spring guide is important because...well...it guides the spring.
Think of how your recoil spring system works. It's the same concept.

You should have it there.

Not having it there means the muzzle spring can shoot out at ANY GIVEN TIME. THe spring guide stops this from occurring...
Old April 2nd, 2014, 23:27   #772
jjkfeng

After revision, I think my BBU was loose and that was the cause. Sigh now, the guide is lost...

I only see this set has a spring guide http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aabb-enha...-g18c-gbb.html

Are there any alternative options?
Quote:
Im proper installation or modification to the spring guide can cause it to slope downwards beneath the extractor. Thus, it has the potential to shoot out if it's too short or if the spring guide is not sitting BEHIND the extractor.

The only way for your spring to pop out is if the spring is too long and if you have the BBU out of the slide or is you just didn't install the spring correctly along with the spring guide.

The spring guide is important because...well...it guides the spring.
Think of how your recoil spring system works. It's the same concept.

You should have it there.

Not having it there means the muzzle spring can shoot out at ANY GIVEN TIME. THe spring guide stops this from occurring...
Old April 3rd, 2014, 01:30   #773
jjkfeng

Has anyone got experience with the gunsmodify glock triggers Version 3? I just bought a set and realized there's a bunch of parts that the version 2 didn't have...now I have no idea where these extras are supposed to go lol

Can't find videos or anything on these version 3 triggers...ugh, should've just went with version 2
Old April 4th, 2014, 14:51   #774
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkfeng View Post
Has anyone got experience with the gunsmodify glock triggers Version 3? I just bought a set and realized there's a bunch of parts that the version 2 didn't have...now I have no idea where these extras are supposed to go lol

Can't find videos or anything on these version 3 triggers...ugh, should've just went with version 2
THere's only like a few things in there.

They are pretty much identical those two versions...

The only real difference is the safety cutouts.

THe steps you took to install V2 should be the same as V3.

What exactly are you confused aboot?
Take some pics of your Trigger and I will guide you...
Old April 5th, 2014, 01:23   #775
jw4563

Just wondering, but is there a way to make a g17 nozzle fit a g18?
jw4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 01:58   #776
MikeMcNair

Send a message via AIM to MikeMcNair
If I am not mistaken the G17 and G18 air nozzles are NOT COMPATIBLE .

I mus admit tho, if someone tells me a part won't fit, I try it anyway and modify it until it does fit!

That's simply BECAUS I accept "it can't be done" as an awesome challenge.
MikeMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 00:23   #777
jjkfeng

I'm very looking to these bad boys! Yum! Guarder released these recently but no retailers carry them yet, WANT WANT F_ING WANT.

Old April 11th, 2014, 00:36   #778
jjkfeng

Quote:
THere's only like a few things in there.

They are pretty much identical those two versions...

The only real difference is the safety cutouts.

THe steps you took to install V2 should be the same as V3.

What exactly are you confused aboot?
Take some pics of your Trigger and I will guide you...

The red-piece, I'm blanking out on what that does.

The blue-piece/screw, I think v.3 is shorter than v.2....

The green-piece/pin, the pin had perfect length so I used this.
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:01   #779
Danke

Pretty sure the red piece is to push that roll pin in.
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:29   #780
jjkfeng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Pretty sure the red piece is to push that roll pin in.
D'OH! I just used an allen key.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications