Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 17th, 2014, 00:22   #721
Animalmother

A friend of mine boasted that his glock works well with his WE mags.
We popped my WE mag in and it gave him s^*t right away. I tried his WE mags and my gun shot like a dream. W T F, they are the same mags too... his other WE mags work in my gun as well. We both have the TM Glock 18C, makes no sense. I can't figure out whats wrong with it, I'll stick to marui and not get sucked into the matrix bunghole again.
The Angel barrel is matrix crap just like you guys already figured.

Nine Ball P226 /G17 Inner Barrel (6.03mm x 97mm, for Tokyo Marui GBB)
Nine Ball Gas Route Sealing Rubber Packing G17 (3 Pack)
Nine Ball VSR-10 Hop Up Bucking (also fits P226, Hi-CAPA, G26, SOCOM)

I think these are all I am going to install for now. So far, my beautiful loading nozzle is still kicking. I tried to get on the hype like you guys did and order the Tanio Koba but I got a message it was out of stock, i tried to order it again this morning and received a back order message so I canceled the order.

I ended up getting the things I posted above along with a Guarder Mag Catch, any of you guys selling a PGC Slide and have it shipped to San Francisco?

I am on the hunt for a slide.
Another question, is there a way to reinforce the frame with JB weld without having to affix the chassis permanently to the body?
Other then that, I think I am going to be forced to get another body if the post cracks, hoping that I have a new version and this fixed.

Last edited by Animalmother; February 17th, 2014 at 00:24..
Animalmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 00:24   #722
jjkfeng

Hey guys, I got a G17 from a friend and I recently installed a guarder frame because the original one cracked in half. The gun only shoots once after cocking the slide with very low fps.

So I opened it and I think something is wrong with the air nozzle (an airsoft surgeon set I think) or maybe the nozzle spring because the nozzle wouldn't return properly and feels very sticky even with good lube.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks!
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:25   #723
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkfeng View Post
Hey guys, I got a G17 from a friend and I recently installed a guarder frame because the original one cracked in half. The gun only shoots once after cocking the slide with very low fps.

So I opened it and I think something is wrong with the air nozzle (an airsoft surgeon set I think) or maybe the nozzle spring because the nozzle wouldn't return properly and feels very sticky even with good lube.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks!
What do u mean by shoots one? As in the trigger ain't resetting? Or you pull the trigger and there's no cycling? You need to be more specific.

Did you check to see if there is something blocking the nozzle from returning? Did you check the piston oring to see if its too big or swelled up?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:08   #724
jjkfeng

there's no cycling, the trigger feels a tighter but I think it's probably not the problek. i tried with full green gas, and a good mag *tested with my other tm glock* I was only able to fire one shot. I checked the nozzle, the oring looked fine however the spring felt weak..could it be that?

the nozzle felt stiff and would get stuck sometimes.
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:14   #725
Animalmother

Do you guys ever have problem wry BBS rolling out the front firing?
Or is that just a problem when the hopup is off?
Animalmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 11:20   #726
apilar

Bb's rolling out the barrel is usually only a problem when the hop is off.
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 15:44   #727
turok_t

Quote:
there's no cycling, the trigger feels a tighter but I think it's probably not the problek. i tried with full green gas, and a good mag *tested with my other tm glock* I was only able to fire one shot. I checked the nozzle, the oring looked fine however the spring felt weak..could it be that?

Well, if there is cycling or even spraying of the gas, and if you are unable to pull the trigger, it means that the trigger is not resetting properly or engaging the sear to release the hammer.

Even if you assume that it is the nozzle/nozzle return spring, there still should be some kind of "response" when you pull the trigger on the second shot. My assumption is that the gun (slide, trigger, sear, etc) is not resetting properly after the first shot/cycle which causes no response when you try to pull the trigger the second time.

After the first shot, does your trigger reset forward or still retracted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
Probably because the hop up is not adjusted to stabilize the bb before it is shot out. Check your hop up dial, check to make sure your hop up halves are tightly screwed in place.
Old February 18th, 2014, 16:13   #728
Danke

Maybe look inside the nozzle too; there are some parts inside it that need to stack in a particular order and orientation.
Old February 18th, 2014, 19:00   #729
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
From the GBB Whisperer himself:
Quote:
Q1: When my slide cycles the next shot, the chambered BB rolls out the barrel. How can I fix this?
A1: Do one or both of the following:
Turn up your hop up
Clean excess lube off your hop up rubber
The force of your slide returning to battery is knocking the next round out of location. A loose or slippery hop up won't hold it in place.
Old February 18th, 2014, 19:14   #730
e-luder

Quote:

You sure everything is in there and installed properly? ie. THe floating valve and all that non-sense?

Having a slightly tighter than usual loading muzzle to piston head fitting is a good thing. This means that the system can create a good seal.

THe AS kit has a tendency to do this. No amount of spring is able to pull the loading muzzle if it's uber tight (Which you don't want).

BTW, mind clarifying what is not cycling exactly?
The slide or the loading muzzle?
Also, pictures will speak a thousand words....(just saying)

You're new frame has a tendency to prevent the slide from having a good and crisp slide action.

I've noticed that on the new 2013 frames, the action is not smooth because the front rail system is "dipping" downwards once the front bolt is tightened. This gives your slide an uneven plane to ride along.

Here's what you can try:

Try not using the front screw and lift the front rails a bit with a tiny flathead screwdriver. DO this with the hammer pin and slide lock installed. It should raise and even out the rail to a point where the slide can traverse its travel without snagging unto anything.

IF your slide run more smoothly without the front screw installed, PM me.
I can guide you on what to do next...

For the stiff trigger, make sure that it's not making contact with the frame. This adds a lot of friction to the trigger stroke and is the NO. 1 reason why the mechanism becomes stiff.

FIrst and foremost, make sure that the trigger is installed properly.

If it does touch the frame, ensure that you've installed the trigger pin properly. Then, if it's still stiff, sand away the part of the frame it is touching. But be warned though:

SAND VERY LITTLE AT A TIME AND TEST FIT THE TRIGGER AFTER EACH SANDING.

Old February 18th, 2014, 21:23   #731
jjkfeng

Thanks for the help and great advice e and turok, I'll try all the stuff and I'll get back! Btw e, thanks for the frame. It's awesome
Old February 18th, 2014, 22:15   #732
turok_t

Quote:
Thanks for the help and great advice e and turok, I'll try all the stuff and I'll get back! Btw e, thanks for the frame. It's awesome
If you really cant figure it out, just bring it to me and ill fix it for you, im in uptown toronto

Last edited by turok_t; February 18th, 2014 at 22:36..
Old February 19th, 2014, 13:25   #733
jjkfeng

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
After the first shot, does your trigger reset forward or still retracted?
The trigger resets, but after the first shot, nothing happens when pulled. After taking it apart...it seems that the trigger do not fully return (it turns like 95%of the way) after the first shot, and the subsequent pulls on the trigger doesn't affect the hammer. It looks it MIGHT be the trigger bar is rubbing against the trigger a little, not sure about this...

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Also e, the trigger was rubbing against the frame but I sanded it ever-so-slightly now they don't touch anymore but the trigger still feels unsmooth.

Last edited by jjkfeng; February 20th, 2014 at 00:43..
Old February 20th, 2014, 01:02   #734
turok_t

Quote:
The trigger resets, but after the first shot, nothing happens when pulled. After taking it apart...it seems that the trigger do not fully return (it turns like 95%of the way) after the first shot, and the subsequent pulls on the trigger doesn't affect the hammer. It looks it MIGHT be the trigger bar is rubbing against the trigger a little, not sure about this...

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Also e, the trigger was rubbing against the frame but I sanded it ever-so-slightly now they don't touch anymore but the trigger still feels unsmooth.
Yeah I figured it was the trigger not resetting and not the nozzle. The trigger stir up bar prob not engaging the sear to release the hammer
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:07   #735
jjkfeng

mmm...it works okay without the slide. But as soon as I put on the slide, the trigger would only work for one shot and then the trigger wouldnt fully return...so the I took the slide off and it would seem the trigger bar was dislocated from the sear
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications