Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:42   #691
audi_bhoy

Updates, I tried replacing the small O-Ring provided with the new bolt floating valve with the Cradle Huge O-Ring, and the FPS is still low, so I suspect that it's the O-ring that prevents the CVR to be properly adjusted, I will work this out next week-end !
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:17   #692
Amos

you need to chop a bit of the bolt on the nozzle on the V2 bolts for the cradles to work properly.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 20:34   #693
audi_bhoy

I don'tget it, do you have any picture of that you could share?

Thanks
Old February 26th, 2012, 13:14   #694
Rommen

In the search for STANAG magazines, I came across this: http://www.law-airsoft.com/en/boutiq...=2&rgt=3&id=26

Has anyone heard of these, or maybe even own a few? I'm really interested in them, as pulling the thermold mags out of a double pouch can be annoying. If I ordered these they should make it through customs right? Seeing as they don't use the real STANAG shell.
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 20:35   #695
audi_bhoy

They are juste releasing those, One thing for sure, it will probably not hold as much gas as the Thermold's. It now makes about 15 months that they plan on producing those mags, and it seems that they will be ready to ship this March, AFAIK.
Old February 27th, 2012, 18:07   #696
Rommen

So is anyone planning on picking the mags up? Or is there some looming problem which I can't see...
Old February 27th, 2012, 19:47   #697
Heerven

mmm ... I<m waiting you try them first
Seriously it might interesting but I still need to see review first (construction, capacity, durability)

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 17:12   #698
audi_bhoy

I've still no idea where to chop the nozzle on the V2 Bolts to have the Cradle Velocity Reducer working properly, does anyone have a picture on this ?
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:04   #699
mrpie123

+1 on audi_bhoy,
i was going to get the cradle velocity reducer but now im hesistant.....
is cradle going to make another video showing us how to install it on the version 2 bolt?
sorry im a noob at gbbrs =P
mrpie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:39   #700
Saberwing

Wow it's been a while since I've posted. Got sucked into the university world since it was too cold out for my M4.

You have to cut the nozzle of the V2 bolt for the CR velocity reducer to work? I've been using it in mine with no mods and it works fine?

I won't be getting the STANAG magazines just yet... Considering they want 214 Euros for 5... which is $281 at the current rate... I have better stuff I could get for my rifle with that money.

Last edited by Saberwing; March 8th, 2012 at 12:42..
Saberwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 18:25   #701
SKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
mmm ... I<m waiting you try them first
Seriously it might interesting but I still need to see review first (construction, capacity, durability)
Looking at the pictures on their site, it looks like they should have similar characteristics as the factory Thermolds. It doesn't look like a shell like WE so hoping the capacity is good.
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:23   #702
Heerven

Hi
since I wanted to replace my O-ring (external) on my filling valve, I was enable to find them in any store in Canada. I don't want to buy the entire fill valve but just the O-ring. All of them are missing on my mags. I check on google and I found this guy who replaced all the O-ring with Teflon tape (or plumber tape). It seems to work great. He even apply it on threads of the fill valve. I wonder if anyone here have already tried this technic?
Does it last Or I have to do the same thing every month. This solution would be super cheap in comparison to buy O-ring all the time. Anyway, I hope someone can give me his opinion on this.
Thanks

Old March 14th, 2012, 12:50   #703
Rommen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
Hi
since I wanted to replace my O-ring (external) on my filling valve, I was enable to find them in any store in Canada. I don't want to buy the entire fill valve but just the O-ring. All of them are missing on my mags. I check on google and I found this guy who replaced all the O-ring with Teflon tape (or plumber tape). It seems to work great. He even apply it on threads of the fill valve. I wonder if anyone here have already tried this technic?
Does it last Or I have to do the same thing every month. This solution would be super cheap in comparison to buy O-ring all the time. Anyway, I hope someone can give me his opinion on this.
Thanks
You should be able to get replacement o-rings from a local hobby, hardware or plumbing store. Just bring the valve with you and see if they fit. Teflon tape will work, put there are no guarantees it will be more permanent than a lubed o-ring. Sealing it with something like blue gasket maker or silicone adhesive sealant should seal it forever, but also 'glue' the fill valve in... bad should you ever need to take it out. Personally, I'd just replace the o-rings.
Old March 14th, 2012, 13:58   #704
IggysPiggy

Huh funny im running two v2 bolts with cvr's and no issues ones set cqb at about 360,others 430 ish no issues ive seen.

Amos what exactly did you have to nod and in what way?
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 16:03   #705
Heerven

Thanks for the reply Rommen.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion