Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 15th, 2011, 16:31   #691
R1ghty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
Compared to what? Have a look and see what it cost to send a package across the country using Fedex, UPS or DHL and compare that to Canada Post.
Well, For a recent package from colorado, It was ~20USD delivered in 3, I repeat 3 DAYS.

Vs Canada Post which has comparable rates and horible everything: delivery time, customer service etc/

Just bought a radio from the classifieds... seller shipped canpost on the 14th...
Old June 15th, 2011, 17:44   #692
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
UGH I hate these SOB's now my mail is stuck in a warehouse somewhere moving nowhere I need my gear for OP Rino.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old June 15th, 2011, 17:57   #693
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
Relax! At least they are delivering.
You had to say it...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Old June 15th, 2011, 18:06   #694
Reckless

yeah I've got the finishing peice of a customers gun sitting in the bowels of the local PO .... he was supposed to have it this weekend... fuck fuck ..

marker was in my PO box too (small town, no house delivery unless it's a parcel with a signature required.. and even then it's not always 100% )

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Old June 15th, 2011, 18:40   #695
whisper_kill

I believe at one point in time unions were necessary, but with all the labour laws, safety organizations, insurance boards... I personally feel their time is over. All they do now is take a portion of their members wages, provide little or weak representation for the "individual" in return. Unions force organizations to increase prices, cut back on services and do things like this lock out. When will unions begin to understand that the economy sucks ass, that there are a hell of a lot of people out there without jobs and many with jobs struggle to make ends meet. I own my own business for the last 16 years, and I have NO benefits, I haven't increased my salary in over 6 years and the only pension plan I have is CPP, for what it's worth. Stop whining about your horrible +$25/hr job and get back to work! Rant over. Carry on.
Old June 15th, 2011, 20:09   #696
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

Quote:
Fair enough, but we're not in those countries. And again, you can blame the Unions.

Yea screw unions!
Old June 15th, 2011, 22:36   #697
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Compared to what? Have a look and see what it cost to send a package across the country using Fedex, UPS or DHL and compare that to Canada Post.

What kind of world do you live in where not doing business equals saving money?
Ahem, allow me to clarify. CP is loosing business because of the strike. However, since they are NOT PAYING employees they can stand to actually save money because they dont have to pay employees during the strike. Yes CP is losing busness, however the amount of potential profit they are losing is likely to be no where near as much as they are saving by not having to pay employees right now.

Hope that makes sense
Old June 16th, 2011, 19:00   #698
whisper_kill

Huh? Sure, they are saving some money... But their expenses go far deeper than just staff. Buildings, utilities, fleet, insurance, lawyer costs, goes on and on. They're still sinking, maybe not quite as quickly, but they're sinking.
Old June 17th, 2011, 00:47   #699
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
Quote:
WGC Notes: UPDATE BY KIT ( 17TH JUNE 2011 )

Due to strike action taken by the postal workers' union, all postal services(including Speedpost) to Canada are suspended until further notice. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.
They have now affected worldwide business, along with my packages. Those lazy CP pricks can eat a dick, I'm going Purlator, as it took THREE DAYS for me to send my printer to Epson, have it repaired, and have it sent back. It took four days(pre-strike) to receive a paycheck sent via CP from a city 120KM away.
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:56   #700
Juke16

I say us citizens should go on strike against CP, let's see how they like all of Canada VS their union. Either that or we read the riot act, "God save the Queen"...
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:14   #701
lexbroski

Privatize them.
"Alpha" Coy
South Manitoba Rifles

Old June 17th, 2011, 14:41   #702
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbroski View Post
Privatize them.
Yea, because unions only exist in Government and Government agencies.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 17th, 2011, 14:44   #703
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

If I have to pay duties ontop of the long wait time because if the strike, I'm going to be fucking pissed off.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86

Last edited by -Trooper-; June 17th, 2011 at 15:02..
Old June 17th, 2011, 17:24   #704
kalnaren

Duties are charged by CBSA and have nothing to do with CP.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old June 17th, 2011, 17:51   #705
philly0001

I think he is talking about brokerage fees (its kinda a fitting name, moreso when shipping UPS or FedEx). Just send them back to work and they have their talks then. No need to flex muscles with strikes and lockouts. The unions strike leverage has been lost, now they will have to take a worse deal than what they had been offered (and what I hear the workers would have taken the deal but the union ignored them). Who does this union think they are? Are they really speaking for the workers, or some flower power lets take down the man movement?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General