Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 8th, 2011, 10:13   #661
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by coresair View Post
sorry to hi-jack the thread (since i'm more of a we guy) but i'm actually pretty glad/excited for you guys!

It's in french, but pics will do the talking:

http://www.airsoftnews.fr/2011/12/07...bb-r-kj-works/

cheers guys!
I just came... Hopefully these are as reliable as the stock TK ones. If they are I'll buy 8. Can't wait to be able to fit 2 mags in a double mag pouch without having to wrestle them out.

Last edited by Saberwing; December 8th, 2011 at 10:22..
Saberwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 13:35   #662
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
Sorry to hi-jack the thread (since I'm more of a WE guy) but I'm actually pretty glad/excited for you guys!

It's in french, but pics will do the talking:

http://www.airsoftnews.fr/2011/12/07...bb-r-kj-works/

cheers guys!

You call that hi-jacking?

This is hi-jacking

In all seriousness, I just bought a kjw a few days ago, then went on a hunt to buy some cheap magazines and Olisharpeye sent me this link:

http://www.airsoftdiffusion.com/gbbr...-magazine.html

Does this site have the best price? Or is there a different site with a better price?
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 20:46   #663
Saberwing

That's an amazing price for them. I'd take it. I found mine on the classifieds, 6 for $200 so you're not going to get much of a better deal as they're about $65 here in Canada
Old December 8th, 2011, 23:16   #664
White_knight

made some new additions to my m4, picked up a peq15 green laser and an EO552, as well as a ASAP, MBUS and NPAS.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 06:21   #665
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Just got my new piston rubber upgrades from CJ Radge. It seems to have increased recoil and cycle rate slightly. I can't say much for durability quite yet, but I'll report back after a few skirmishes.

I also just finished "shimming" all my mag lips and wow did it make a difference. Gas efficiency is much better and cool down factor is actually significantly less. Recoil and cycle rate both increased significantly as well.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:10   #666
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYokoPoco View Post
Anyone know of someone in Canada that can get the TDC (Grub screw hopup mod) done? Cradle unfortunately only offers that service in the states
Did you find anyone yet?

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 14:55   #667
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Ab View Post
Did you find anyone yet?
Unfortunately not.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
Old December 10th, 2011, 19:52   #668
Saberwing

White_knight that looks awesome.

Loco, let us know how CJ's O-Rings work.
Old December 10th, 2011, 22:44   #669
audi_bhoy

@ White_knight, sorry to tell you this, but NPAS definitely sucks on the KJW's M4. The only way to go is Cradle Velocity Reducer kit, as the RA-TECH adjusting screw will most likely bend and eventually break within only a few shots.

Installed two of these for a customer, and after only 3-5 shots, after having 50fps inconsistency, I took it out to see that it was already bent... I had to shim the screw so it was seating on both side so I could not see the tiny screw. Thus the fps couldn't be adjusted, unless you thin or thick the spacer...
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 19:33   #670
StanB.

Hmmm, I lubed up the Oring from my piston and the oring from my velocity reducer, put silicone spray on alle moving parts and now the fps values are not that unstable anymore, they now are between 400 and 420 which is kinda steady for a gas gun out of experience.

I already got the screw for the TDC mod and will do it in the next few days.

My new problem is the following: I just got my new hopup chamber and hopup rubber from ratech, adjusted everything properly, set the hupup rubber perfect in place and reassembled everything, but now the bullets just keep rolling out of the barrel, not every shot, but every second shot, disassembled the whole gun again, checked the hopup unit and every freaking thing, messed around with the hopup rubber a bit and reassembled everything, went fine for 3 mags then bullets started to roll out again.

Any ideas WHAT THE HELL the problem could be? Bullets come out of the mag properly, hopup rubber sits perfectly, and is not too thin so bullets get through rather easy and the hopup isn't working anywas so that can't be a problem.

Kinda desperate atm as a game is comming up and I want to go there with my main again.
StanB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2011, 19:42   #671
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanB. View Post
Hmmm, I lubed up the Oring from my piston and the oring from my velocity reducer, put silicone spray on alle moving parts and now the fps values are not that unstable anymore, they now are between 400 and 420 which is kinda steady for a gas gun out of experience.

I already got the screw for the TDC mod and will do it in the next few days.

My new problem is the following: I just got my new hopup chamber and hopup rubber from ratech, adjusted everything properly, set the hupup rubber perfect in place and reassembled everything, but now the bullets just keep rolling out of the barrel, not every shot, but every second shot, disassembled the whole gun again, checked the hopup unit and every freaking thing, messed around with the hopup rubber a bit and reassembled everything, went fine for 3 mags then bullets started to roll out again.

Any ideas WHAT THE HELL the problem could be? Bullets come out of the mag properly, hopup rubber sits perfectly, and is not too thin so bullets get through rather easy and the hopup isn't working anywas so that can't be a problem.

Kinda desperate atm as a game is comming up and I want to go there with my main again.
My guess is you have either a broken cylinder valve spring, or the hopup rubber isn't sealing correctly. Try swapping back to the original hop up rubber, see if it works. Also, check the cylinder valve spring (the spring on the cradle reducer).

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
Old December 12th, 2011, 22:55   #672
StanB.

Okay, I didn't put on the old hopup rubber yet, but what I did is that I repositioned the RA-Tech one, apparently I slided the rubber a bit too far onto the barrel, pulled it a little bit further to the Pistoncover, working atm, gonna empty 4-5 mags tomorrow and check if it keeps working.

Also I'm going to check if the new hopup rubber has any affect on the hopup, if not I will do the TDC mod tomorrow, if I manage to I will shim the mags and lube everything up a little bit with silicone oil, hopefully I will be able to play some games with it again then.
Old December 14th, 2011, 11:56   #673
StanB.

TDC Mod done, working fine, another problem still is making me trouble, big time.

The FPS just wobble arround between 340 and 430, not only that you can't really chrono it, you can't shoot precise, thanks to the different velocity at every shot one time the bullets goes far, one time short, one time up, one time down, but WHYYYYY?

Could it be because of the fact that there now is enough space between my piston and the piston cup? When I put in the Cradle Airsoft O-Ring Piston, the Cup didn't just slide on, it was rough, but now you can just put it up and down without the oring even having any resistance, anyone got a similar problem? FPS used to be alot more consistent in the past.

Mags are shimmed now, working fine, but the fps variations just are pissing me off so badly.
Old December 14th, 2011, 14:31   #674
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

I got myself a steel WA based charging handle from airsoftdepot. Spent over 6 hours with a dremel and finally got it to fit and work correctly. I'll post some pics whenever I get around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanB. View Post
TDC Mod done, working fine, another problem still is making me trouble, big time.

The FPS just wobble arround between 340 and 430, not only that you can't really chrono it, you can't shoot precise, thanks to the different velocity at every shot one time the bullets goes far, one time short, one time up, one time down, but WHYYYYY?

Could it be because of the fact that there now is enough space between my piston and the piston cup? When I put in the Cradle Airsoft O-Ring Piston, the Cup didn't just slide on, it was rough, but now you can just put it up and down without the oring even having any resistance, anyone got a similar problem? FPS used to be alot more consistent in the past.

Mags are shimmed now, working fine, but the fps variations just are pissing me off so badly.
Often times, inconsistent FPS is due to a broken floating valve spring or bad seal on the hop up. Check your floating valve spring, make sure the spring is long enough to push the valve against the screw behind it.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
Old December 14th, 2011, 19:11   #675
StanB.

Took a look at the Spring, seemed ok, put it back in, took a pic:

I have no idea of the Hopup is sealing correctly, with the new ra-tech hopup rubber its not working, bullets just roll out of the barrel, put the old one in again, this is working now.

No idea why the fps are so inconsistent though.

Makes me maaaad
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion