Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 1st, 2011, 23:04   #526
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
Saber, I'm wainting on your review to get me some !!
Not too sure when I'll have mine... Still waiting for KJW to notify me it's been shipped...
Old August 2nd, 2011, 00:02   #527
Amos

The version 2 M4's are AWESOME!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:49   #528
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

The version 2 M4's are AWESOME!
You bitch
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:33   #529
andrewlaw

does anyone know how many spacers are needed for the cradle reducer to make the fps ~420? thanks
andrewlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:56   #530
Heerven

1 thin spacer and one thick spacer at the room temperature. The spacers thickness should be around the edge of the craddle hole.

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 13:20   #531
andrewlaw

thx
andrewlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 13:50   #532
MasterSiconis

im looking at installing this (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pt...es-gbb-de.html) as a new stock, but I've heard of people having difficulties with stocks on the KJW m4. Would this one work? It is GBBR specific, but there is also an AEG version and a real gun version.

Help
MasterSiconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 15:17   #533
beanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSiconis View Post
im looking at installing this (http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pt...es-gbb-de.html) as a new stock, but I've heard of people having difficulties with stocks on the KJW m4. Would this one work? It is GBBR specific, but there is also an AEG version and a real gun version.

Help
That won't fit on the KJW M4. The KJW M4 has a 2 piece buffer, an inner brass buffer that houses the spring, etc. and an outer "case" that locks onto the brass buffer for the stock to slide on to.

The brass inner tube is what is screwed into the lower receiver and those thread are much smaller than the buffer you have in mind. The only option, if you're hardcore, is to get someone to do a custom rethread of the lower receiver like raven1 did on this thread http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index....7597#msg207597

As you might know by now the Magpul PTS MOE stock is, as far as I know, the only compatible stock with the KJW buffer with no mods.

Last edited by beanie; August 5th, 2011 at 15:35..
beanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 16:12   #534
beanie

Look what I found in the mail...

I'll let you guys know how it shoots when I get it in.

**UPDATE**

Has more kick to it, probably because they used more metal to make it than they did Ver 1 carrier. Overall I think I like it. It has a very responsive feel to it now that THERE IS NO RUBBER BAND. I hope the extra kick doesn't lead to parts in the trigger and hammer to break.

Metal on metal bolt cycling sounds sooo nice. I think the bolt closes smoother. I like everything except the possible wear and tear.

Last edited by beanie; August 5th, 2011 at 21:20..
Old August 5th, 2011, 21:30   #535
beanie

Is it possible to over adjust the "trajectory hop dial" and mess up the cycling of the gun? My gun starts to stutter if I fire on full auto for long enough (20 shots approx.). The rate of fire seems to increase until the bolt cant keep up and stops cycling but the gas or hammer keeps going making a stuttering sound 2x or 3x faster than the normal rate of fire. I can make a video of the problem in action if needed.

Last edited by beanie; August 6th, 2011 at 00:07..
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:13   #536
delarosa

@beanie
I noticed that the new buffer it has a slight bump on the centre. Does that work similar to the cradle bolt extension on the new bolt?
delarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 19:04   #537
beanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
@beanie
I noticed that the new buffer it has a slight bump on the centre. Does that work similar to the cradle bolt extension on the new bolt?
I'm not sure what the cradle bolt extension is but the center of the new buffer piece is designed to fit together/slightly inside the new bolt like a male/female connection.
Old August 7th, 2011, 00:38   #538
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
I'm not sure what the cradle bolt extension is but the center of the new buffer piece is designed to fit together/slightly inside the new bolt like a male/female connection.
Ic, the cradle extension works to prevent the buffer from touching the buffer pin, so if you instal the extension, when you close the upper receiver, the buffer will slightly move towards inside the buffer tube (not touching the pin).

Its because there are issues where kjw owner have a broken lower receiver because of the pressure taken by the buffer pin every time the bolt cycle. Does the new buffer have the same function though?
delarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:01   #539
Saberwing

So is there a new buffer and bolt catch too?
Old August 9th, 2011, 16:21   #540
IggysPiggy

The bolt he ordered seems to come with a new buffer but the kj I bought that came stock with the new bolt did not come with the updated buffer. I can not comment on the bolt catch because I have not compared them closely.

On a side not I would suggest pulling the new bolt apart upon getting and checking the piston rubber. On mine after one mag the piston head was showing signs of wear and a little shaving was hanging off already. I took 2000 grit wet sand paper to the spot to resmooth the blemish and have had zero issues since.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion