Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What is "Milsim" to you?

:

General

Old April 29th, 2016, 23:25   #31
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

My issue is in the semantics, outside of the few game scenarios I've read off ASC almost everything isn't a military simulation.

If you really want to experience the military the Canadian Forces might have an opportunity for you.

Me personally I read the description and rules of the event and decide if that's worth the price, time and effort required to participate.

Bottom line this is a hobby, a game, it could be made to mimic the military but in reality it never will.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 02:21   #32
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Just some thoughts from a passive observer; someone who's not had a chance to do a "milsim" yet...

For me, approaching 2 years of playing airsoft, the reason this thread exists is a major reason I've not gone to any "milsims" yet. There seems to be a significant variety of milsim types, from the day-long skirms in urban settings to the crazy 48h+ games in wooded environments, all of which require different levels of preparation. It's hard for me to know which one's are noob-friendly, especially because most of my friends haven't done one either.

I started playing airsoft because I like strategy and tactics. As long as a game gives me strategic objectives I'm pretty much a happy dude. I've watched a lot of footage from American games, from MSW etc... I'm not a fan of those staged scenarios like what they had at faded giant in the Nuclear hostage scenario. Too much yelling, and to serious for my liking. It ends of feeling like a Call of Duty map; scripted and only one outcome...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 08:49   #33
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Generally a good game will have a host of objectives that will, or won't, be completed by either team, in a competitive/back and forth manner. Small objectives are okay to lock in, but larger ones can be constantly in contention. The admin staff will have a small amount of micro management to keep the game rolling, like adding time constraints to an objective, or adding an objective, but without steering HOW the players do their tasks. Too many games now have too many little things to do. If taking over the enemy FOB is a primary objective, I should be able to throw all of our forces, or just a small strike team at it, or whatever. I should be able to recon and wait until their guard is down, or wait for nightfall to take the objective. We know what we want the end to be, but path taken is on the players, or should be.

All games are noob friendly as long as you do some reading, have the proper gear and preparedness and as long as it isn't your first time out, sometimes. It's best to play Airsoft long enough to figure out what you want out of it.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General