Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Making Moving Targets for Airsoft Practical Shooting

:

Airsoft Media

Old September 5th, 2012, 17:06   #16
N_Force

By th way, CAPS , Canadian Airsoft Practical Shooting is just for qualify shooters. If you would like to come and take a look is fine. To shoot in the future, you might have to wait for the next qualification class to complete it.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 18:58   #17
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
By th way, CAPS , Canadian Airsoft Practical Shooting is just for qualify shooters. If you would like to come and take a look is fine. To shoot in the future, you might have to wait for the next qualification class to complete it.
That's one of the reasons I never got involved with airsoft IPSC in Toronto because only one place has it and once a month. Getting a TM and upgrading for competition doesn't really make sense for the level of activity in Toronto. I have seen a lot of the videos of the matches that are held in Asia like HK, and other countries and that is exciting. Airsoft IPSC has been around for awhile now but are there plans of growing it?

The other thing is, I have a black badge for real steel IPSC and considering you are handling a real pistol the qualifying is important for safety and the ability for a shooter to be safe during live fire around others.

Why does airsoft IPSC requires qualification when you are engaging paper targets with a airsoft pistol, but yet a person can engage shooting other people with AEGs or GBBRs and pistols in simulation games without qualification? Should it not be the opposite?

Maybe if you get rid of the qualification part of it, more people may get involved.

Consider, 99.99% airsofters in Canada do not own a racegun, but instead but do own AEG/GBBR and pistol, you may want to add this type of tactical competition to your roster so those that don't care for IPSC will certainly compete in a league competition with AEG/GBBR and their pistols.
http://youtu.be/haXyZoP0xJ4
http://youtu.be/Qg9qMuu-YGw
http://youtu.be/j5Sf-0ArKe0

Last edited by SuperHog; September 5th, 2012 at 21:53..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 21:53   #18
N_Force

please don't get it wrong, this thread is just sharing the target design but not for promotion. If you like yo take a look the targets on TO area, that's the place you can come. May be I gave too much infos to confuse you but certainly that's not the way I want. Thank you.

But if you would like to try it in action in TO area, I would be more than happy to borrow them to you.

Last edited by N_Force; September 5th, 2012 at 22:03..
Old September 5th, 2012, 23:47   #19
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
That's one of the reasons I never got involved with airsoft IPSC in Toronto because only one place has it and once a month. Getting a TM and upgrading for competition doesn't really make sense for the level of activity in Toronto. I have seen a lot of the videos of the matches that are held in Asia like HK, and other countries and that is exciting. Airsoft IPSC has been around for awhile now but are there plans of growing it?

The other thing is, I have a black badge for real steel IPSC and considering you are handling a real pistol the qualifying is important for safety and the ability for a shooter to be safe during live fire around others.

Why does airsoft IPSC requires qualification when you are engaging paper targets with a airsoft pistol, but yet a person can engage shooting other people with AEGs or GBBRs and pistols in simulation games without qualification? Should it not be the opposite?

Maybe if you get rid of the qualification part of it, more people may get involved.

Consider, 99.99% airsofters in Canada do not own a racegun, but instead but do own AEG/GBBR and pistol, you may want to add this type of tactical competition to your roster so those that don't care for IPSC will certainly compete in a league competition with AEG/GBBR and their pistols.
http://youtu.be/haXyZoP0xJ4
http://youtu.be/Qg9qMuu-YGw
http://youtu.be/j5Sf-0ArKe0
Excellent points and all very valid. A couple of quick responses...mostly because it takes me forever to type on a tablet....
- persons holding a valid BB get a pass on sitting through the qualifying instruction...but must still pass the qualifying shoot/COF...which is usually very basic.
- qualifying course is there to establish a common level of understanding, handling and rules/regs....something I'm sure you can understand being from a RS/BB background. Everyone is welcome to CAPS....and this includes those very, very, very new to shooting. They've got to start somewhere.
- locations and hosting....have you got the time and another place to run events? If so, please pitch in. The location and timings of things are the way they are solely because of the time and resource limitations of those who run it.
- modded race guns are not necessary. Factory/stock are scored against the like....standard against standard...open vs open. If the numbers are too small...penalties are attributed to open guns to level the field. The guys who like to run open guns are into modding their stuff...the ones who aren't don't
- regular AEGs and pistols...that's done too. I think one of the previous year end events was a mix of steel challenge knockout, IPDA COF and an IPSC-ish fast COF. Basically whomever runs the night and designs the COF gets to pick.
- re. Qualifications for games vs. CAPS....two different animals with two very different goals/focus

Hope that helps....sorry to take it off track Norrie.

Last edited by m102404; September 5th, 2012 at 23:49..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:11   #20
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
hmm... airsoft 3 gun would be loads of fun.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:20   #21
m102404
Tys

The long course of fire for the last summer blowout tournament was a 3 gun.

I think the day went something like this...
3x short COF's...three squads. Each squad rotated through each of the COF's
1x Long COF...shoot from vehicle, transition to BA rifle and take long range targets (1 rested, one kneeling and one standing shot each), transition to rifle to clear the rest of the street
(there was a shotgun at some point...but that might have been one of the short COFs)

It was a lot of fun and the guys had a blast.

BTW...there's a general CAPS thread for this kind of stuff...there's a whole CAPS bunker for members.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 22:43   #22
SuperHog

N_Force,

Your moving targets do look great. Moving target makes competition more exciting, challenging and more 3D.

Last edited by SuperHog; September 6th, 2012 at 23:25..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 20:06   #23
N_Force

The prototype airsoft style dueling tree is done and test. It's not as good what I expected. RS one is wider in left and right distance between poppers. AS one is way shorter because if it's taking the whole length of the poppers, the power of airsoft pistol is not good enough to hit the popper flip to the other side, so it has to be cut shorter.

Video view
Airsoft Dueling Tree - prototype - YouTube

Last edited by N_Force; September 13th, 2012 at 20:11..
Old January 1st, 2013, 13:40   #24
ardo

I'm building a disappearing swinger target, do you remember what kind of bearings you've used on the Texas Star? Seems to be quite sensitive. TIA.
ardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 14:47   #25
Grudge
multitech

Don't know if you have seen these:

http://youtu.be/-O6Fr1bhT8s
http://youtu.be/QNZnDlHG2C4
http://youtu.be/mI2RDHtGTQw
http://youtu.be/gYAjuQKVBm4
Old January 2nd, 2013, 00:33   #26
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardo View Post
I'm building a disappearing swinger target, do you remember what kind of bearings you've used on the Texas Star? Seems to be quite sensitive. TIA.
if you just want it swing out and swing back in only, you may not need ball bearing. the up down target doesn't have it, only the turning target.
the ball bearing I bought it from my work. I can post some pictures if you want.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:37   #27
ardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
if you just want it swing out and swing back in only, you may not need ball bearing. the up down target doesn't have it, only the turning target.
the ball bearing I bought it from my work. I can post some pictures if you want.
Thanks, I'm building a disappearing bobber, i.e. it moves like a pendulum. I did get a flange bearing, but found it to be too stiff because of grease. I popped one of the seals & washed the grease out so it moves better now, but I'd still prefer it to oscillate longer. My initial version had ABEC-5 bearings used in inline skates, these are really smooth but mounting them became a challenge.

I find disappearing swingers to be most difficult targets in IPSC matches, so I'm trying to build my own for airsoft practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge View Post
Indeed I haven't, thanks for sharing! We use the disappearing Up/Down target at our club matches (someone else has built it), and it is quite fast & challenging.
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:58   #28
ardo

I just got a 5pc set of Mad Bull poppers. Has anyone tried to make a forward-falling popper out of one of these? TIA.
Old January 5th, 2013, 16:24   #30
ardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Why forward falling?
Because that's what is used in IPSC matches - at least in Ontario, AFAIK. They are considered safer than rear-falling: splatter goes into the floor. But they also fall slower, and that teaches to use the sight picture instead of relying on sound or seeing the popper fall.

I'm just trying to make my airsoft practice approximate what we do in IPSC competition.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media