Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Getting into the WW2 thing.

:

WW1, WW2

Old April 24th, 2012, 00:58   #16
Smartass
formerly Dogsbody

I went Canadian all the way. For me nothing looks sharper than Canadian battle dress and pattern 37 webbing with a netted helmet to top it off. None of it is hard to find or very expensive, either original or reproduction. I have a Thompson and a .45 automatic.
Researching the uniform and equipment has been as much fun as playing.
Smartass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:28   #17
Forever_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
So PanzierGrenadier loadout for I was thinking mid 1944.

I was going to use my Magnum boots, I know not accurate but they are oh so comfy and I love them, maybe I'll break in an accurate pair later.

German 'rain drop' pants?

I'm still lost on the shirt, I hear flectarn is good but they don't look the same.

And the y-harness, and all the other goodies for pouches. Also a 1942 pattern helmet correct?

My inspiration is actually drawn from my all time favourite video game. MoH frontline

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6343/71156741.png Basically 2nd from the left is what I've fallen in love with.
Looks to be an early-ish Waffen SS loadout.

While I do more late war, I still have some early-ish gear
As seen here:
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...i/Muskoka2.jpg

The smock and helmet cover can turn inside out, to a fall colour scheme which is in your picture.
Jack boots are worn, where as I am wearing M42 low boots with gaiters.

In a nut shell:
Tunic and pants (M40 would be my choice, but M36 or M43 would be okay.)
http://hikishop.net/waffen-elite-hbt...1_7_48_63.html

I always say go HBT, wool is just insane. (HBT is cotton-poly-ish?)

Smocks, I prefer the look of the Oak Leaf pattern, but that's just me:
http://hikishop.net/ww2-german-elite...ock-p-718.html

Then just web gear, SS buckle, Y Straps, ammo pouches, bread bag + extras.

If you are looking for an accurate impression, look up actual war time images.. Not games nor models or figures, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; April 24th, 2012 at 01:31..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:57   #18
leecas
The Rain Man

Colbalt, as forever_kaos mentioned we can always use new recruits for either side. We have guys that do both German and Allied and they pick which side depending on the numbers that sign up or how they are feeling. So I would suggest pick the side that most appeals to you. You can always do the other side at a later date. If you are interested in more then just airsoft then doing both sides is great because we have some living history events that only Allied can attend. And trust me when I say that some of our living history events are not to be missed. Go on our forum and check out the pics in the AAR section.

Obsolete, the FSSF or 1CanPara would be perfect for you. Yes, the FSSF is a new unit in our group but you always have to start some where. When I started Ontario Airsoft WWII Re-enactors it was just me running around in WWII gear. The nice thing about the FSSF is that you use US uniforms, gear and weapons... which is very easy to get.

Here is a site that lists out the uniform and gear for a basic impression and an advance imppression.

http://www.members.tripod.com/fssflhg/id144.htm

I suggest for both you fellas and anyone else to to join our forum and ask any questions that you might have. The guys are always welling to help and point you in the right direction.

Last edited by leecas; April 24th, 2012 at 09:56..
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:15   #19
akko

whatever gun you buy make sure you can get additional mags for it.
thats what killed my stg 44 idea,

AKMS
TYPE 56-1
akko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:48   #20
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Well it wasn't to be 100 percent based off the game I just liked the look of the grey pants and dot style top. I also can't help but remember the first time I played the game and you encounter that outfit was in a tunnel between the two bunkers on the D-Day level and you couldn't see him till he moves and lights you up with an MP40. If the loadout isn't realistic then I can always change to something different. Thats why I haven't started getting stuff yet.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:25   #21
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Well for me, other than the M1, Lee Enfield No.4 or BAR nothing really appeals to me on the Allies side. Sadly the M1 Garand doesn't seem to be coming out (this is airsoft, release dates are a joke, until its out and I can buy it, I don't believe in anything anymore) Well atleast an affordable/practical one atleast. But I do really like the Kar98k after all WW2 forces with the russians being the exception where rifle based. That being said I like the STG/MP44 but the AGM seems to be a tough find, well instock anyways. Can anyone comment on the Javelin version? Javelin guns seem very hit and miss.
Old April 24th, 2012, 10:45   #22
Forever_kaos

Exact copy of the AGM, with one or two little odds and ends different.
Nothing major from what I could tell just looking at it beside my AGM.

Any of them take standard V2 Mechbox and the M4 hopup, so you're golden for parts.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:17   #23
Drunk_Albertan

Cobalt, in what way were the Russians the exception on being issued rifles?
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:54   #24
shiftsup

The Reds equipped whole regiments and at times whole divisions with SMG's such as the PPSh41 (e.g. The Battle Of Berlin 1945).
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 13:14   #25
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Its not they where an exception just that they issued rifles less than other nations. They realized early on the value of the SMG at the range commonly found in World War 2, in which case the late war STG44 was found to be supremely effective with its intermediate round.
Old April 24th, 2012, 13:18   #26
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
You should find time to hold all the currently available WW2 guns then decide which you like the feeling of the best

Got my Kar98 <400 FPS mags, yesterday, will probably try them after work today to test lol...

But at the same time, it would probably be more advantageous to get ahold of the AEGs (MP44, MP40, Thompsons *Super cheap to get nowadays*, M3Grease, Upcoming ICS M1 Carbine!) out there instead for obvious reasons.

So probably a Spring VS Gas VS AEG decision first, which will then affect what kind of loadouts that you could probably aim for...
I still want to see that damned thing :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 14:55   #27
obsolete

Thanks guys for your help. leecas I will be in touch with you.
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:17   #28
buellxbk

Best thng is to get out to a WWII game even if it is as a resistance fighter, get a taste for what it's about. I can give obsolete a hand from this end of the country as we do shoot together now and then. If you want to try running one of our sunday games in my WWII gear your more then welcome, at least my Denision smock and web gear should fit. I think the biggest diffrence people find is that unlike modern gear which you can kind of get set for your own liking the WWII stuff was made to work one way for all with out much customizing. It is very funtional stuff. I can also help with pointing out the different vendors and such. For sure get on the WWII re-enactors site, loads of info and advice to be had.
buellxbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 16:27   #29
obsolete

Thanks buellxbk I am now on the Re-enactor's forum.

I have wanted to get out with the WWII guys and I have been meaning to talk to you about it unfortunately our schedules haven't been working out recently.

Remind me about it when we see each other at the field next time. I have some ideas I want to bounce off you.

I'm signed up for the Lv. 2 Sniper course in May so I'm sure we will see some of you then.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:51   #30
shiftsup

Here is a <$15 investment that can save you time and money when putting together a WW2 Canadian kit.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160717433003?

http://www.amazon.ca/Canadian-Forces...5720026&sr=8-1

Detailed artwork and lots of pictures. The text is very informative too.

Great book for WW2 Tommy uniforms. Tonnes of photos of re-enactors

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1861...ce-full-site=1

Great book for First Special Service Force. Great artwork and photos. Text is useful too.

http://www.amazon.ca/First-Special-S...5719015&sr=1-1

All of these very useful books can be bought for >$20 each. I own all 3 and can vouch for them. All are very good affordable reference books to help those wanting to put together a decent impression and avoid making unnecessary kit purchases.

Last edited by shiftsup; April 29th, 2012 at 13:24..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2