Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACU

:

USA

Old May 21st, 2008, 17:40   #241
Lucrius

You never answered anything, shelled... Not everyone in the games are on patrol. For the most part I have seen patrol caps replace helmets, its just what people obviously like to wear, and power to them. I am also sure that not everyone who wears the patrol cap is aware that it would be worn for patrols, as well a helmet might not be a cheap choice for someone on a budget. My only point was that to me it looks odd. As for rangers... Royal.. don't be silly.
Old May 21st, 2008, 17:43   #242
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Ok big guy you got me...I dont know shit!! LOL. Listen i'll throw you a bone and say this much Yes you are right a helmet is part of FFO but then again.,.not always, Terrain time of day type of patrol and or operation calls for different types of gear period and the helmet is routinely binned in favour of a soft cap of any kind, not always but frequently it is done. I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with you here and clutter up this thread with bull shit so we are just going to have to agree to disagree. Take that for what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrius View Post
As for rangers... Royal.. don't be silly.
Oh im sorry your vast experience working with them tells you that I am wrong..Fair enough mate.

Last edited by ex; May 21st, 2008 at 17:46..
ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 17:45   #243
Lucrius

I don't mean you disrespect either, just PM me if you want so we can smooth it over.
Shelled try not to take anything the wrong way either.
I love ACU and I mistakenly voiced my opinion about how I like my favourite uniform to be worn, being in the military makes me senile like that.
Old May 21st, 2008, 17:48   #244
ShelledPants

Quote:
I don't mean you disrespect either, just PM me if you want so we can smooth it over.
Shelled try not to take anything the wrong way either.
I love ACU and I mistakenly voiced my opinion about how I like my favourite uniform to be worn, being in the military makes me senile like that.
Don't worry about me. I'm just having fun.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 22:37   #245
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

FYI MICH2000 helmets (replica and kevlar) are really easy to come by, obviously its easier to get a replica than kevlar. ACU helmet covers are in ample supply as well.
Although it may not be true milsim to use a ranger cap, airsoft BB's dont function like real steel bullets. So a hit to the helmet takes you out in airsoft no matter what caliber it is. And to add to that, a hit anywhere on your person/gear counts that includes the brim of your helmet. And I've had a LOT of close calls within 2" of my head where a helmet would normally be. So although it's not milsim, it's entirely practical for me to wear a patrol cap.
And before you post about us not needing plate carriers for the same reason, I wear my plate carrier because it provides a comfortable and rigid platform for my mag pouches, I'm never going back to wearing vests or webbing now lol
The shoulder pads and DAPS are just for show, but the groin plate comes in handy in CQB lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 23:46   #246
Lucrius

Thnder who is that a response to? I dont remember Not, condoning the use of helmets, and especially IBA's, or OTV's.. On my part I would support and encourage the use of both...
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:30   #247
rockafella

DD

Last edited by rockafella; June 30th, 2016 at 13:33..
rockafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:35   #248
Brit ter

nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
Here's my ACU loadout with my US Spec OPS themed gear. (sorta based on a Ranger/Green Beret loadout), I want to find an ACU rig that looks like the ones that the marines are wearing, with the deltoid protectors.
Nice but every thing the Rangers are wearing now is ACU! including thier loadouts
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:41   #249
Lucrius

Brit is right, love the look though. Nice weapon. Perhaps you could get some less "attractive" gloves, as far as distraction goes they're a little bright. Are you going to mod that helmet next? There is a good threat on helmets, you should check it out in the gear section.
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:24   #250
swatt13
Captain Awesome

if you check militaryphotos.net thats the gloves theyre all useing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:32   #251
Lucrius

I have seen them, just wouldn't be my preference for being tactical. Unless this is supposed to be imitation of a certain event/time kinda thing like on wannabe.com
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:11   #252
aries_ranger

as for gloves, A picture is a moment in time. And Yes some units exclusively "BUY" thos Mechanix gloves for their guys, but its not standard across the board. And as Lucrius said, if you are copying a "Operators" load out then fine...otherwise look around and personalize YOUR loadout....everyone has different needs, and missions dictate different things.

RLTW

"I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me." G. Garibaldi
aries_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:30   #253
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
Nice but every thing the Rangers are wearing now is ACU! including thier loadouts
The pics I've seen of Rangers, they're all wearing Ranger Green armour an pouches.. an no helmet covers.
Old May 26th, 2008, 13:33   #254
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
same with the ones I have seen.
Old May 26th, 2008, 17:01   #255
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Thnder who is that a response to? I dont remember Not, condoning the use of helmets, and especially IBA's, or OTV's.. On my part I would support and encourage the use of both...
It's just a statement, some people have no clue why other people use plate carriers and/or helmets.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA