Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 15th, 2010, 15:41   #196
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Hey just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I recently installed the IK BBU and airsoft surgeon loading nozzle.

Gas now spews out the barrel every time i pull the trigger. I pull the trigger, the entire mags worth of gas comes out the end of the barrel. The slide moves back about 1/4", so that it just starts to push the hammer back a bit, but it does not push the hammer back at all. (ie, once the gas is all out the barrel, the hammer is still in the forward aka uncocked position).

Now the issue is I already modified my other BBU to fire full auto LOL. And its not done the mod yet so I can't swap the stock bbu back in.
However another issue is that currently the frame has a stripped screw for the left side grip screw. However I cannot see how this would affect function. The grip is still on almost completely in the proper spot, and when I squeeze it it pulls back to the right position.

Anyone have any insight?
Old February 15th, 2010, 15:57   #197
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post

Gas now spews out the barrel every time i pull the trigger. I pull the trigger, the entire mags worth of gas comes out the end of the barrel. The slide moves back about 1/4", so that it just starts to push the hammer back a bit, but it does not push the hammer back at all. (ie, once the gas is all out the barrel, the hammer is still in the forward aka uncocked position).

Now the issue is I already modified my other BBU to fire full auto LOL. And its not done the mod yet so I can't swap the stock bbu back in.
However another issue is that currently the frame has a stripped screw for the left side grip screw. However I cannot see how this would affect function. The grip is still on almost completely in the proper spot, and when I squeeze it it pulls back to the right position.

Anyone have any insight?
A few things...

I used to run the lightweight blowback unit with the AS loading nozzle. It actually gave me more problems than solving it. I know that for mine, the nozzle was actually quite tight on the oring and needed a good amount of force to get it to move.
Your nozzle might be too tight on the O ring and as soon as the gas vents, the nozzle travels with the slide instead of sticking forward for a few moments to take all the gas.

I opted to switching back to my Shooters Design POM nozzle and everything works fine now. Try using your stock nozzle.

If the grip is sitting even slightly lower than the frame, it might screw up, because the mag might not be properly seated against the nozzle, therefore venting the gas outside of it.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 16:01   #198
ujiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
A few things...

I used to run the lightweight blowback unit with the AS loading nozzle. It actually gave me more problems than solving it. I know that for mine, the nozzle was actually quite tight on the oring and needed a good amount of force to get it to move.
Your nozzle might be too tight on the O ring and as soon as the gas vents, the nozzle travels with the slide instead of sticking forward for a few moments to take all the gas.

I opted to switching back to my Shooters Design POM nozzle and everything works fine now. Try using your stock nozzle.

If the grip is sitting even slightly lower than the frame, it might screw up, because the mag might not be properly seated against the nozzle, therefore venting the gas outside of it.

True. I did not think of the grip thing.

I will try the stock nozzle and see how it goes. The nozzle does indeed not move too too well on the lightweight bbu. Although it is not too bad. But nonetheless I will give it a shot.
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:28   #199
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
The Airsoft Innovations GBB silicon oil says to "inject 2 drops for every 2 fills"... i hear that some ppl put 2 drops in their propane tank for every 4-6 mags... Which one is correct?
That depends on when you bought your product. When the product was first released, the recommendation was 2-3 drops every 8-9 mags, but over time, the quantity slowly increased. The manual still says every 8 fills, but you're right, the bottle label does say every 2 fills.
I'm not sure why, but this question is probably better asked of Airsoft Innovations (MadMax.)

I oil my mags a different way, so I haven't followed this method for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post

Anyone have any insight?
Did you transfer the guts of the nozzle in to the new nozzle? What you're describing sounds like you didn't swap the internal components (cylinder bulb, spring, valve blocker & screw.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
That's not likely... the function of the pistol would not allow the nozzle to release early.

Last edited by ILLusion; February 16th, 2010 at 09:31..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:14   #200
MikeMcNair

Send a message via AIM to MikeMcNair
Brian, PM sent, please reply asap. sorry to thread jack, but i need to get in touch with you.
MikeMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:19   #201
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcNair View Post
Brian, PM sent, please reply asap. sorry to thread jack, but i need to get in touch with you.
Chill, mon... I've been responding to you. Check your email. Bombarding me doesn't make it happen any faster.
Old February 16th, 2010, 16:07   #202
ujiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post

Did you transfer the guts of the nozzle in to the new nozzle? What you're describing sounds like you didn't swap the internal components (cylinder bulb, spring, valve blocker & screw.)

LOL. I wasn't even aware there was anything inside of the nozzle!
What a fool I am. Could've gamed it last night...
What are these parts and how do I get them out? (don't currently have the stock nozzle with me, getting it back later today, its at my school place).
Old February 16th, 2010, 16:12   #203
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

heehhehehe oh boy

take out the nozzle, and you will see a tiny screw in the top of it, remove the screw (DO NOT LOSE IT!!!) and then remove the spring and the valve blocker etc. from inside, noting what order and what position they were in when you remove them.

Then place them into the new nozzle and make sure that the hole on the inside lines up with the hole on the outside of the nozzle and then put the screw in
Old February 16th, 2010, 16:20   #204
ujiro

Oh man such a failure... LOL.
Thanks everyone for your help. I will swap these parts over and then report back.
Old February 16th, 2010, 21:55   #205
ujiro

Alright, nozzle internals swapped over. It didn't spew gas this time.
Also, rethreaded the hole in the frame to take a larger screw. Now the grip is secured well. Although (and I think it is the nature of the frame) it does have a bit of rotation-play front to back (ie, the grip can rotate about 3-4mm around the axis of the grip screws.)

But now, the slide only moves back halfway. Half cocks the hammer, then returns to battery. Need to cock hammer the rest of the way manually.

Any insight? Should I try swapping in a lighter hammer spring? Or a lighter recoil spring?

Last edited by ujiro; February 16th, 2010 at 22:05..
ujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 23:10   #206
Slono
Slow mo.

Does the SD nozzle work with the IK lightweight blowback unit better than the AS one?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by Slono; February 17th, 2010 at 16:30.. Reason: spelling
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 00:07   #207
RacingManiac

Don't know if it works "better". For me its just lasting longer than the AS. I think the O-ring used for the IK unit's piston is just looser compare to most I've encountered. Even when using the IK BBU +SD nozzle I still use a different O-ring(one that came with the SD aluminum piston). Other wise I seem to be getting a lot less seal.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 00:34   #208
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Does the SD nozzle work better with the IK lightweight blowback unit better than the AS one?
What problems are you having between the ILLusion Kinetics Super Light Weight BBU and the AS nozzle? I haven't experienced any problems so far, and have built maybe 10+ guns with the same setup.
Old February 17th, 2010, 16:39   #209
Slono
Slow mo.

No, but I have the SD nozzle set up readily available. I'll do some testing in the near future to see which one works better.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 17:06   #210
ujiro

So anyone know what could cause the slide to only go back half way, and only half cock the hammer? Trying to figure it out.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications