Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Great White North!

:

Airsoft Media

Old March 16th, 2012, 02:46   #151
Treelinesniper

capitol airsoft in Edmonton

I suggest if your just starting airsoft to get eye and face protection firat. Since you cannot even get onto the field with us without eye protectuon. Oakleys with impact resistance if you want to go pimp. But desert locust bullet prof eye goggles is recommended. They can be bought in any army surplus store, or online. For face protection use mouth guards if you dont want anything covering your face. A mesh face mask is your best alternative if you want to breath and have 100% protection. Other then eye and face protection, always wear a good pair of steal toe boots to protect agaonst nails, rebar and glass that can be found on thw fields we play.

For guns, for a first timmer me and other people in yk rent guns out for starting at 20 dollars to 50 dollars a day. They range from submachine, assault, and light-heavy machinw guns with a range of spare gear. So getting a feel for a brand or type of gun is suggeated before investing in one of your own. Recommended brands are Ares witch is beat in canada for.performance and realistic feel. Many people in our league use ares only. Other good brands are Real Steel for any full metal and wood russian era gun. Classic army for mostly plastic but pretty relyable guns. Captial airsoft is my choice for guns in edmobton area. Hopethis helps, ill see you on the field!
Treelinesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:33   #152
Specs

@Treeline sniper, you need to do more research before you recommend things to new players.

Ares is a good brand but most of their parts are proprietary. I own a CA full metal M15, most CA guns I have seen are full metal and they are readily available. No Ares are NOT the "beat in canada for.performance and realistic feel". There is no such brand as "Real Steel", if you are talking about Real Sword they make Nam era weapons as well as more modern Chinese weapons. I do not know of this "russian era" you speak of. The only thing Russian that RS makes is the SVD. I will vouch for RS as the Type 56 is my main workhorse and I have never even had to open it up.

I will agree with you that the need for a good pair of boots, clothes and eye were is essential. Going to an event is a very good way to get acquainted with your local airsoft community and the great thing about games is that there is a lot of talking that happens; most games are 50% chatting about arisoft stuff and 50% actually playing.

There is usually a wealth of knowledge at games and talking with vets and other players can help point you in the right direction. Most people are pretty comfortable if you want to play with their guns too!

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:21   #153
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
There is actually a chinese knock off brand calling itself "Real Steel", saw it once on a site with what looked like a lousy AK (if I recall) and never again on any major sites.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Last edited by Ninja_En_Short; March 16th, 2012 at 13:25..
Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:27   #154
Treelinesniper

I Agree that there are many top quality brands to buy in canada that have more availablitly of parts then ares if your gun begins to breakdown from battleware. So keeping this in mind when buying your first gun is highly important. I will always suggest an M-class rifle for a new players. Either M4 to M16, lots of research is important in the kind you want to buy. Some brands come with slip gear box's. So asking veterans who have experience is key.

Alot of research should go into buying your first gun. If you are looking for a rare gun your selection is brands in limited. So extra research should go into looking at availability of megs, pouch's and mounts for scopes or equipment. Ares comes imported fully upgrade'd internels to get into country so they always shoot hot in FPS so keep in mind the future fields you will want to play in either indoor or out. Most ares guns can come with old pre upgrade springs so options for fields can begivin. My best advice is always research before you give away any money on a rifle, side arm, equipment or clothing. Second hand forums are available on this site once age verifiyed so use all means at your availability. I apologyse in advance for spelling mistakes as i am using smart phone with a bad key board in my posts.
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:38   #155
Treelinesniper

I do apologyse for real steel quote. I did mean to say real sword. Real steel is a bad knock off brand. I got it confused with that brand and the bad huge jackmen movie with fighting robots. Solviat era weapons make to replocate russian designs are limited and expensive if you want top quality full metal cold steel stamped parts and fully stained wood. But once you use a full metal/wood ak, svd or aku you wont want to use a plastic one ever again.
Old March 16th, 2012, 13:45   #156
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Best bet for a starter? King Arms M4... its been said a million times and still holds true.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 14:39   #157
Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treelinesniper View Post
I Agree that there are many top quality brands to buy in canada that have more availablitly of parts then ares if your gun begins to breakdown from battleware. So keeping this in mind when buying your first gun is highly important. I will always suggest an M-class rifle for a new players. Either M4 to M16, lots of research is important in the kind you want to buy. Some brands come with slip gear box's. So asking veterans who have experience is key.

Alot of research should go into buying your first gun. If you are looking for a rare gun your selection is brands in limited. So extra research should go into looking at availability of megs, pouch's and mounts for scopes or equipment. Ares comes imported fully upgrade'd internels to get into country so they always shoot hot in FPS so keep in mind the future fields you will want to play in either indoor or out. Most ares guns can come with old pre upgrade springs so options for fields can begivin. My best advice is always research before you give away any money on a rifle, side arm, equipment or clothing. Second hand forums are available on this site once age verifiyed so use all means at your availability. I apologyse in advance for spelling mistakes as i am using smart phone with a bad key board in my posts.
What the hell is a meg? Stop posting and misleading people.

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 16:10   #158
Treelinesniper

I am sorry if i offended you in anyway spec. I am just trying to give advise to someone wanting tobuy a gun, and get started in the yk area. I did not try to push my advise just lend what I have learned well getting started in my area. With its unique situation of being cut off from any big city and its benefits of window shopping stores in person.

To ykpizzaguy. Well in edmonton check out capitolairsoft. Wall to wall guns, good prices and helpfull people. Check out transporting it on a flight first before buying if you arent driving down. If driving do not throw away box when transporting it. Wouldnt want to be pulled over with it just sitting out in the open.
Old March 16th, 2012, 16:24   #159
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

And place it in your trunk if your driving a car/suv/van type vehicle.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2012, 18:20   #160
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
And place it in your trunk if your driving a car/suv/van type vehicle.
dont forget to put it in a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 17:29   #161
YKPizzaGuy

New Stuff

Ok so here is a bit of the stuff I went with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gun1.JPG (243.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg gun2.JPG (216.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg gun3.JPG (127.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg gunstuff1.JPG (210.4 KB, 47 views)
YKPizzaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 22:55   #162
YKPizzaGuy

Vid of First Game

first day April 22 2012 - YouTube
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:46   #163
Frozen Tex

Hooray, and huzzah, airsoft is back! Almost a month later than last year (stoopid northern "spring"), but it finally started!

(Actually, it started last week, but I wasn't there, so it doesn't count...)

Got to use my new G3...

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:43   #164
YKPizzaGuy

More VID

The Mine - YouTube

new Quake CQB - YouTube
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:13   #165
Frozen Tex

So I'm a week late putting up pictures; sue me.

SEAL-ish.

Guerilla-ish.

Ambulish.

Even cooler than he looks.

The Airsofter With No Name. Or, Spaghetti Airsofting.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media