Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP40 magazines

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 30th, 2010, 01:43   #1
Lord of Rebirth

MP40 magazines

So I'm planning to get an MP40 in a couple months or so when I have a chance to get AVed and such but I'm wondering about overall mag availability. What I -want- is midcap mags that are around 100 rounds each and metal construction without them costing an arm and a leg. I'd like to buy a couple dozen so $50 each would really hurt my truck project. A cursory look around and I saw some 63 rounders that were $35 each then I round a pack of 5 110 rounders that costs $35 but they aren't metal.

Anyone have experience with these units?
Lord of Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:59   #2
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

I own an mp40, and unfortunately there are only 2 available types of magazine.
The agm-cybergun metal low cap for about 20$ each - i did see them for as low as 4.99$ but that without shipping

The king-arms plastic low cap for 35$ for a box of 5. Yes, they are plastic but they feed well if you do a little mod to your mag well; there is also absolutely no wobble. So far of the 5 I bought, one broke after 4 games (I did fell on it which broke the spring inside: the mag exterior did not break); the 4 others still feed perfectly after 7 games.

SRC also makes a 280 bb high cap but the compatibility/availability is unknown.

In your case, I recommend that you buy a box of 110 rounds king arms mid-cap and a few metal low caps (if you intend to use mp40 mag pouchs - you can carry 7 max on you at all times so you can arrange your mag depending on the setting. - I usually load all my 10 mags at the beginning of game day and reload/grab my mags according to my role - for instance, I go for 1:6 low to mid when I play as a medic or 3:4 low to mid for general assault).

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion