Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Problems with VSR-10

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:59   #1
Jake_188

Problems with VSR-10

Recently ive encountered a serious problem with the firing mechanism within the VSR-10 Airsoft rifle.

pulling back the bolt of the sniper initiates the problem. From this point on the bolt will not return back to its rest position to close the chamber. It is difficult for the bolt to be caught, and while trying to force the bolt to close, the sear seems to release and it closes shut.

ive taken apart the rifle and inspected the first and second sear and piston from the bolt, and there seems to be no damage at all whatsoever to either instruments. I cannot visibly see the problem but it persists. Upon putting the rifle together, it fired once again worry free for about 10 rounds before acting up once again.

I need dire help with this situation and ASAP. What needs to be done to correct this?
Jake_188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 13:56   #2
Kos-Mos

Temporary solution is to install a new 3-piece piston (the rear end is steel, body aluminium and head depends on the brand)

You have problems because your piston is worn down. When you take it down, you probably place the piston a little bit different, so it is not on the worn section.

Long lasting solution is to source a zero/lightweight trigger set. Expensive, but it is a one time fix. And it comes with a new piston too (different design, so it is needed anyways).
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 01:11   #3
CJay

yeap - if ur using stock parts then it'll most likely be the cause. I'd just stick a zero trigger in with the piston that comes with it and the problem should vanish and never return as was said above
Old June 3rd, 2010, 14:01   #4
Jake_188

interesting. that would do it then. CJAY do you sell any of those parts? i took a look at your link.

or where would be a good place to pick up on those parts?
Jake_188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:34   #5
CJay

Problems with VSR-10

The only place they are availlable just now is Tokyo model company. Every airsoft retailer I can locate in the us and china is sold out apart from them. I know because I just bought one for a client lol. That's true o the trigger mech anyway. The piston u can buy seperately but r better buyin the set.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner