Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

QD silencer tip - how to remove?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 1st, 2010, 11:48   #1
Huge
formerly Huge94

QD silencer tip - how to remove?

I got a Trigger happy QD silencer for my M4 and I want to take the tip out and put in an M4 normal tip. I see there's an allen key bolt on ther flash hider but I dont think that what I need to loosen to take the whole tip out. I tried to unscrew it but doesnt do it either. So how do I take the QD silencer tip off?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:21   #2
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Take that screw back a bit and then grab an adjustable wrench (Knuckle buster). Make sure you are turning opposite the direction you would normally.

You should be able to turn it by hand so don't tighten it too much when you put the new one on....It's just airsoft.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 12:23   #3
Huge
formerly Huge94

fact is I wasnt the one who put it there in the first place. Thanks for the tip, i'll try it now.
Old June 1st, 2010, 15:49   #4
Huge
formerly Huge94

Allen screw got out but now the tip still isnt movable...who the fuck tightened this? What should I try now?
Old June 1st, 2010, 16:17   #5
HKGhost

take out the set screw completely, wrap the FH in electrical tape (make it thick) and using a wrench, turn CW. If it's a G&P barrel, turn it CCW. It's best if you can clamp the barrel down so you can add torque. If you think it's glued on, soak it in boiling water for 10 minutes then try the above method. Good luck.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 16:25   #6
m102404
Tys

Kind of depends on the make of your AEG outer barrel.

G&P and others are clockwise (turn clockwise to tighten)...TM/CA/KA/others are counter-clockwise (reverse of clockwise).

If it's really, really stuck...heat it with a propane torch until you see the adhesive "smoke"...then use a wrench to get it off. A lighter, boiling water and stuff like that might work depending on what and how much stuff was put on there....maybe not. I've seen plenty of mangled ones from guys trying to improvise ways of undoing it....but a propane torch takes about 10sec and there's not a mark on anything afterwards.

If it's really, really, really stuck and you can't heat it enough without melting something....then cut it off with a dremel tool.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner